Will a Rooster mate with another Rooster?

Without a picture of the chicken in question, we can't help you.

I've seen roosters mate other roosters. And they were free range. So yeah, it happens.

I think that I can answer your question. I had 7 roosters in a pen area seperate from the rest of my flock of hens and sure enough yes they will. They take one of the roosters thats lowest on the pecking order and make him a hen. Now I dont think that will happen if there is access to hens, but in answer to your question YES.
The weird thing is there is an access of hens of all shape and size for them to have... that sounds horrible “for them to have” but I don’t understand why the other males keep trying to mate him. I’ve seen the one that’s being mated crow, and the ones mating him crow. I don’t know why. I mean they also get the girls but also go to him. I was joking with my mom that there gay/ bi roosters. But my only other thought is it could be a hen that learned to crow. I also have a hen that goes after the roosters. Like when they’ve tried to mate she runs over and pushes him off, and I’ve actually seen her lay an egg so I know she’s a hen. That one actually goes after neighbors dogs.

I wasn't really looking for comments referring to jail, thank you.

I'm a newbie simply trying to see if my buff brahma beauty is a roo or not. This is the one who had her saddle area bare, as well as her neck. Most likely from mating. But there were 5 other hens... Why would a roo choose another roo. And my girl in question is the biggest out of all others.

She, I'm hoping it's still she... Doesn't have spurs. But, at 8 am today she was crowing. Well after the sun rose.

Thoughts?
Yah I have no clue, two of my roosters keep trying also mate one of the other roosters. I mean maybe it’s a dominance thing, I have know clue it’s so weird.

Back
Top Bottom