This is the 3rd clutch to hatch on day 20
Well your chicken rich now!

Thank you for the glimpse. Its been an enjoyable read and pics.

Have you always lived there?

People in the US don't have a clue how close they are to load shed situations. And then add to that extreme weather conditions and the result will be something they have never seen.

Well your chicken rich now!

Thank you for the glimpse. Its been an enjoyable read and pics.

Have you always lived there?

People in the US don't have a clue how close they are to load shed situations. And then add to that extreme weather conditions and the result will be something they have never seen.
Well I believe Texas has just recently been though some power outage drama with all the windmills freezing. It must be a shock to have no heating in those freezing conditions. Shame!

Yes I am Zimbabwean born although I have lived in Mozambique, UK and France. My parents were also born here but their parents came from England, via Normandy, via Norway. We are decendants of Viking Rollo Ragnavaldson, and his 2 great great grandsons William the Conqueror and Alan Rufus De RichmondšŸ™ƒ Africa, is my homeland though.

Yes they did but Americans seem to forget lessons learned fairly quickly.

Thats some cool heritage. New title for you. "The Viking princess of Zim" or queen? Guess that would depend if you have a king. :D

My family came from Italy but I was born here in the USA.

Gotta get back to work. I'm sure you'll post more chick pics. Everybody on here loves chicken pics. Haha

Thats some cool heritage. New title for you. "The Viking princess of Zim" or queen? Guess that would depend if you have a king. :D

Gotta get back to work. I'm sure you'll post more chick pics. Everybody on here loves chicken pics. Haha
Haha viking shield maidens.. autonomous creatures.. we don't need kings šŸ¤£ We, my ancestors at least, are known to floor a king whilst kissing his foot, by lifting it far to high šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

20210219_120257.jpg

Well I believe Texas has just recently been though some power outage drama with all the windmills freezing. It must be a shock to have no heating in those freezing conditions. Shame!
.... Actually most of Texas' house-heating power comes from natural gas- and because they refused to weatherize. Upgrading costs $$ and the companies were not "required" to weatherize, and are not under federal regulations in Texas - it was just a 'friendly suggestion' they could ignore without consequence, even after the last 2 similar, though smaller, winter weather events, so everything froze. Texas windmills, like their other fossil fuel and nuclear power sources, were also not weatherized and so (as around 10% of their total power) yes, they froze. Consider that windmills are used in the Arctic- though of course those are properly equipped for cold weather.

And now they've got a water and in some cases sewage crisis as a secondary issue to the power failure- all kinds of pipes breaking and flooding houses as things start to defrost.

7 full days into no power here- thankfully the propane truck got here to refill us before we ran out. Day 8 here we go.

Back
Top Bottom