Will be setting Silkie Eggs first week of Nov. who is with me?

Quote:
celebrate.gif
what colors and how many?

Happy-Hens

Quote:
I just set 30 Silkie eggs from LuckyPickens today! I have bought many eggs from her and have been very happy with my beautiful chicks. She also packs eggs better than anyone else I have ordered from. Here is a little silkie I hatched last week from one of her eggs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83023_bs2.jpg

How does she pack them ? I am always like looking at different ways to ship teggs and you both really Love the way she packs, it would be great iif you had pix.

Happy-Hens

Quote:
I just set 30 Silkie eggs from LuckyPickens today! I have bought many eggs from her and have been very happy with my beautiful chicks. She also packs eggs better than anyone else I have ordered from. Here is a little silkie I hatched last week from one of her eggs.

Awwww! I love him! Yes, talk about packaging.. Good grief! This box is so big there might be a person in there! I haven't opened it just yet. Today was a crazy Halloween day with my 3 girls. (And I didn't want any questions from the hubby...
smile.png

Of course, he didn't notice the HUGE box on the table that could possibly be holding a person.

wink.png

Happy-Hens

PS You must make things blend in very well!

Quote:

How does she pack them ? I am always like looking at different ways to ship teggs and you both really Love the way she packs, it would be great iif you had pix.

Happy-Hens

I'll take pics as I unwrap them. Right now they are in a 12x12 inch box. Very big for a few eggs.. Haven't had time to dig into it yet with Halloween being yesterday and I have 3 girls ages 8 and under. So you can imagine...

I’m in for November. I'll be setting eggs for the first time this coming Friday Night.

It could be as many as 24 sizzle eggs,
12 Buff Orpingtons and
6 or so New Hampshire!

Going to be a long 21 days ahead of me!!!

Chris

I have a dozen silkie eggs coming this week also. so can I join the club too?

I have 2 backyard specials on day 18 right now. first time hatching. I am hoping all goes well with them, and another will be ready for day 18 in 5 days.
I am really excited! can't wait

Quote:

Happy-Hens

She gets the 12 inch square flat-rate box, crumples up newspaper, then makes a little hollow in the middle of the box of newspaper crumple balls. She takes each egg and wraps it securely in bubble wrap. she gets a few sheets of uncrumpled newspaper and lines the the hollow with it, puts the eggs within that (by now it almost looks like a bowl) folds the paper over them, then adds more crumpled paper on top and all around them. The eggs can move a little without breaking (due to the bubble-wrap) which I think keeps them from getting jarred like they would be if taped into an egg box and this its why her air cells stay intact. All the orders i have gotten where they are packed in egg cartons have majority of ruptured air cells if not all of them. I am hoping Quacker Jack will photograph this and post it as he/she opens the box.

Quote:

Happy-Hens

She gets the 12 inch square flat-rate box, crumples up newspaper, then makes a little hollow in the middle of the box of newspaper crumple balls. She takes each egg and wraps it securely in bubble wrap. she gets a few sheets of uncrumpled newspaper and lines the the hollow with it, puts the eggs within that (by now it almost looks like a bowl) folds the paper over them, then adds more crumpled paper on top and all around them. The eggs can move a little without breaking (due to the bubble-wrap) which I think keeps them from getting jarred like they would be if taped into an egg box and this its why her air cells stay intact. All the orders i have gotten where they are packed in egg cartons have majority of ruptured air cells if not all of them. I am hoping Quacker Jack will photograph this and post it as he/she opens the box.

I will. In fact, I just got the last kidlet in bed and I'm getting ready to dive in!

Back
Top Bottom