Will be setting Silkie Eggs first week of Nov. who is with me?

Quote:
Well thank you
love.gif
I really do love sharing my eggs. Just like with the $100.00 winning auction last month that surprised the heck out of me. I hadn't even checked it till late that night and saw how much it went for, they were for an assortment of cochin bantams. I packed up 18 eggs for them and then they contacted me about would like to buy some silkies also. I told them I had 6 and forget about paying for them after what they had bid I just included them in with the others. I then shipped them out going by their paypal address, well the next morning I had an email from them saying they forgot to tell me they were at the NC home instead of FL home and that no one would be home for several weeks there. I felt horrible for them but told them I would take care of it. I would collect over the weekend as I shipped their eggs on Saturday and ship fresh eggs out on Monday morning to NC home. I put in a request to have the eggs reversed to me. Thought it would be a good test on my packaging anyway. When I got them they had been on the road 8 days, the box was kinda crushed on one end but overall pretty good. Opening them up 3 had faint cracks that were on the end crushed but all the rest looked good with a few showing loose air cells. Again I thought I would give them a go anyway and put them in the incubator. From the 21 eggs I put in 14 showed developing at 5 days and 10 made it to lockdown and then 7 hatched. I was thrilled to have done that good with eggs that had been shipped twice and on the road 8 days! Needless to say I won't be sharing those chicks, I call them my Lucky 7
thumbsup.gif
and will keep them to add to my flock. The cochin chicks were a couple of silver laced, 2 Calicos, 1 splash and 2 silkies hatched a buff and a splash. Now if only they will be all come out pullets, but I bet I won't get that lucky
lol.png
Well hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am still resting after testing way to many birds Wednesday for my NPIP re certification! I know it was way harder on me than it was the girls
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Well thank you
love.gif
I really do love sharing my eggs. Just like with the $100.00 winning auction last month that surprised the heck out of me. I hadn't even checked it till late that night and saw how much it went for, they were for an assortment of cochin bantams. I packed up 18 eggs for them and then they contacted me about would like to buy some silkies also. I told them I had 6 and forget about paying for them after what they had bid I just included them in with the others. I then shipped them out going by their paypal address, well the next morning I had an email from them saying they forgot to tell me they were at the NC home instead of FL home and that no one would be home for several weeks there. I felt horrible for them but told them I would take care of it. I would collect over the weekend as I shipped their eggs on Saturday and ship fresh eggs out on Monday morning to NC home. I put in a request to have the eggs reversed to me. Thought it would be a good test on my packaging anyway. When I got them they had been on the road 8 days, the box was kinda crushed on one end but overall pretty good. Opening them up 3 had faint cracks that were on the end crushed but all the rest looked good with a few showing loose air cells. Again I thought I would give them a go anyway and put them in the incubator. From the 21 eggs I put in 14 showed developing at 5 days and 10 made it to lockdown and then 7 hatched. I was thrilled to have done that good with eggs that had been shipped twice and on the road 8 days! Needless to say I won't be sharing those chicks, I call them my Lucky 7
thumbsup.gif
and will keep them to add to my flock. The cochin chicks were a couple of silver laced, 2 Calicos, 1 splash and 2 silkies hatched a buff and a splash. Now if only they will be all come out pullets, but I bet I won't get that lucky
lol.png
Well hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am still resting after testing way to many birds Wednesday for my NPIP re certification! I know it was way harder on me than it was the girls
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You are the best and I am so happy with my chicks I got from you. Let me know when you get some more silver-laced eggs. I want to buy some more. My silkie eggs from you are coming along nicely and my hatched chicks are awesome!! I think my favorite of the feathered outs is my Buff Columbian. But I love them all!! I am 100% happy with all my transactions I have had with you.

Quote:
Well thank you
love.gif
thumbsup.gif
lol.png
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You are the best and I am so happy with my chicks I got from you. Let me know when you get some more silver-laced eggs. I want to buy some more. My silkie eggs from you are coming along nicely and my hatched chicks are awesome!! I think my favorite of the feathered outs is my Buff Columbian. But I love them all!! I am 100% happy with all my transactions I have had with you.

Boy that BC is a pretty boy for sure can't wait to see him in about 5 months! I can save you some SLC anytime you just email me and let me know how many you want and a date and I'll set you right up!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Boy that BC is a pretty boy for sure can't wait to see him in about 5 months! I can save you some SLC anytime you just email me and let me know how many you want and a date and I'll set you right up!
thumbsup.gif

83023_cb1.jpg

Had to show thie photo of my Buff Columbian roo I hatched from LuckyPickens. He is 7 weeks old and he has tons of feathering on his legs and feet.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh no I didn't mean it happens all the time with you but I meant in general with egg sellers. I mean I give ya all props for keeping it together as I don't think I would be able to keep track of an auction, collect the required eggs, wrap them nice and tight and deliver to the post office. I wouldn't be able to do this with one auction much less more than a few. hehe
Do share your pictures of your red rooster. It's funny because my sister was just saying the other day that she has yet to see a chicken with red feather so I told her that red isn't really red but it is somewhat orangy red. Right?

Quote:
There sure are good people out there! I do hope we have more sellers like this. I haven't had any issues with other sellers though. Not even the ones on ebay...hehe

Back
Top Bottom