will chicken find their feeder

the broken egg

Hatching
Dec 21, 2020
i have a large existing flock (160+) that their feeder is in the coop which opens to a very large fenced in area, new flock of 70 have merged with existing flock but has yet to venture into coop where their feeders are. as of now i have been providing there feed to them in the run area. if i stop will they follow older flock into coop to seek out the feeder that is in the coop

i have a large existing flock (160+) that their feeder is in the coop which opens to a very large fenced in area, new flock of 70 have merged with existing flock but has yet to venture into coop where their feeders are. as of now i have been providing there feed to them in the run area. if i stop will they follow older flock into coop to seek out the feeder that is in the coop
Could you please post pictures of all of them? Lol that sounds like a circus!

my feeders are larger enough, existing & new flock have have adjusted to each other it just the new flock of 70 have not ventured into the coop (feed located) they are returning to the grow out pen to roost. I was just trying to avoid having to chase them out the grow out pen so i can close it off and since i have not seen any of the new flock in the coop area I am still providing feed in the grow out pen. So i guess my question would be if I stop placing feed in the grown out pen will they seek out the feeder that is in the coop i would think chickens sense of smell would not be very good and since the coop is enclosed they cant see the feed. i guess a new bird good always asked a local if there any good place to eat around here lol

Back
Top Bottom