cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
My neighborhood is going to be setting off fire works this evening. I am wondering if it will scare my chickens (and my rabbit)? The chickens are about 300 feet away from where we will be doing it. Thanks!

You can noise train chickens so they won’t be afraid of loud sounds. Too late for this year’s fireworks, but maybe in the future. You can run loud machines like lawn mowers first far away, then progressively closer and closer, so the chickens get accustomed to the sounds and see that there’s no danger. My chickens ended up accidentally noise trained, because I brooded them indoors, and my young children are LOUD :lol: Then I built the run while the chicks were already outside watching me, and they didn’t mind the power tools. They don’t run from the lawn mower either. We’ve been having people setting off fire crackers and other fireworks on our street day and night and the chickens don’t care.

The rabbit will probably be a lot more fearful than the chickens.

Fireworks were bad enough one year that one of my chooks laid a soft egg off the roost, but they haven't had issues since.

My male dog is a complete wreck and is going to spend the weekend drugged. :hmm

Fireworks have been going off in my hood for over a month.

I have been getting a lot of body checked eggs......:barnie

At first my dogs were ok...maybe a head lift but no freak out. Now......my little Pitsky yells every time they set one off. I think she is telling them off. The dogs are indoors so my house is loud now. :rolleyes:

I have "awesome" neighbors. Most years it starts the end of May and goes through September with bonus shows on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years. For some reason we don't get them at Easter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom