WILL HE STOP BEING SO MEAN??

tonirene

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 9, 2012
I HAVE A 2 FEMALES ,A ROUEN AND A KHAKI, THEY ARE ABOUT A YEAR OLD.WE RESCUED A MALE WOODDUCK AND HE IS ABOUT 9 MONTHS.HE HAS TAKEN CLAIM TO MY KHAKI AND IS EXTREMLY MEAN TO MY ROUEN.HE WON'T LET THE GIRLS HANG OUT TOGETHER AND EVERY CHANCE HE GETS HE IS TERRORIZING HER. I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS SOMETHING THAT HE IS GOING THROUGH OR DO I NEED TO CONSIDER SEPERATING THEM?

Males can be like that. He will pick his favorite(s) and continually run the other(s) off. Right now I have one Khaki drake and five ducks. He is okay with four of them but he keeps chasing the other one away from whatever when he thinks she is too close. It is just a duck pecking order thing. He will probably settle down when he moults and then resume behavior after the moult.

Males can be like that. He will pick his favorite(s) and continually run the other(s) off. Right now I have one Khaki drake and five ducks. He is okay with four of them but he keeps chasing the other one away from whatever when he thinks she is too close. It is just a duck pecking order thing. He will probably settle down when he moults and then resume behavior after the moult.
thank you.

Maybe you should consider to buy a female wood duck for the drake. It would be more appropriate if he had a partner of his own species.
He should lose his interest in the khaki and let the rouen and her be together as they please.

yes you are right about that.However,every place i checked into will only sell by the pair..if he did take interest in the woodduck ,that would be great but then the 3rd woodduck will be alone.

Back
Top Bottom