Will I get the chicks.....

IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
i have been lazy this year and still haven't ordered my chicks, so when i went on Ideal's site 2 of the four breeds that i want are sold out (until fall), the Std SL and GL cochin pullets. So my question is, if I call to order, will they take my order, because i have heard the do small hatches through out the year and i only want 2 of each ???
hu.gif
idunno.gif

I guess you won't know until you call them. They are pretty specific about when they are sold out until. I have never used them, but its kinda convienent that you don't need to order 25 chicks as a minimium, though I don't think I'd ever ship less than 10.

I ordered 3 hens from them two years ago, and the shipped them with ten free Buff orpington roosters. I was very pleased with their customer service and I plan to order from them again.

Click on the notify me box under the breed that you want or call them. They will contact you and ask how many you want and what color. I wanted some more cochins from them but the website said sold out until June (this was late March - early April) which was fine with me. A week later they called and wanted to know how many and what color. Told them 10 and I didn't care what color. The lady said that would be easier to fill as they could take them from hatches that had extras. Mine are scheduled for delivery middle of May.

My sister, her MIL, and I split an order of 35 chicks, delivered in February - no DOA, and no deaths since. I did wind up with 1 or my 2 cochin pullets being a rooster but we don't care. He's beautiful so I just ordered him some more "girlfriends".

Here they are as babies. I need to take updated pictures.

37917_chicks2.jpg

This one turned out to be my rooster,
37917_white_cochin.jpg

They just called and moved my ship date up to May 12th. They could have shipped tomorrow but it wasn't a good time for me so I know they have at least 10 cochins that could ship Wed.

I called them before I placed my order with questions and they were really nice and helpful. My 11 BOs will ship on May 10 and I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom