WILL IT BE OK??? PLEASE HELP

Chickensss_25

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
The mother hen was poking it!! We didn’t realize until now! Will it be okay?? Will it survive?? How can i cure it??
42279C07-2AFB-4CCF-8DBD-AF3D28458CE8.jpeg
AD355935-593C-4F5A-A8F7-E788638F956D.jpeg
AB108564-EEA3-4A02-B0F0-9E6A9F75ECB1.jpeg

You can apply non pain relief neosporin. Do you have a brooder box you can use? You don't want it to be by itself, so depending on how many chicks hatched, you may want to keep at least one with it.

You can apply non pain relief neosporin. Do you have a brooder box you can use? You don't want it to be by itself, so depending on how many chicks hatched, you may want to keep at least one with it.
It is currently with 3 or 4 more baby chicks!

I dont have any non pain neosprin!! What do i do???

I would clean it up and find out where the blood came from then I would put it back with mama. If there's a cut, then neosporin. If it is cleaned up with no residual bleeding, then I would put it back with mom. The goal should be to put it back with mom - and to not have blood. A dot or two of blu kote over a no longer bleeding cut is also a good option.

You do not want to have to reincorporate this guy alone later on.

That's just my opinion.

If mom won't stop, take one other chick and brood them separately. Hopefully mom will take it and quit pecking. Best if mom raises them. Second best is brooder box.
It’s because it wasn’t his mom! Another hen had the chick but since the chick could fall off from the nesting box, i placed it with another hen that had 4 other chicks the same age. I didn’t think she would harm it!! I placed it with the other hen because her nesting box is better and the chicks wont fall out, thats why. But i came back to seeing the chick all pecked up :(

It’s because it wasn’t his mom! Another hen had the chick but since the chick could fall off from the nesting box, i placed it with another hen that had 4 other chicks the same age. I didn’t think she would harm it!! I placed it with the other hen because her nesting box is better and the chicks wont fall out, thats why. But i came back to seeing the chick all pecked up :(

Where are the original mama's chicks? Can you move her from the box and give her baby back? Did you do the chick transfer at night?

Back
Top Bottom