Will momma duck move her eggs around before they hatch?

This one will be new to me. Last one i used was a little giant but it wore out to quick being Styrofoam. I already have the brooder set up. I just bought some ducklings today! Should i put all the good ones in or leave some with her and chance it. I also have 2 more Pekins, 1 male 1 female, an indian runner and a male mallard that share a pen with her. I was waiting for some hatching signs so i could separate the pen but if i incubate the rest of the way i have the other ducklings to raise them with.
WHO IS THE LITTLE YELLER IN THE BACKGROUND. WHY IS HE ALL PENCILED OUT AND STRETCHED ALL TALL AS HE IS MAKING HIMSELF HEARD? WHAT IS HE SAYING? IN THE BOTTOM PIC - LOOK AT THE MULTI COLOURED BABY'S WEBS. HER WEBS ON THE BEDDING. VERY CUTE. ALL THE 'LINGS ARE NEEDING ME TO HOLD AND KISS THEM. LIKE RIGHT NOW...

I AM ON MY WAY……..

Thank you @caesargirl for the wonderful tag. I actually laughed out loud at the stretchy yelling baby.

Ok heres the update.... My incubator came in yesterday, i went and got Daisy's eggs and the were super super cold. I candled candled anyways and there was no movement and a bad odor. I think that she may have abandoned the nest when whatever critter got in there.. so sad. But as for the new incubator, its nice and all but they need to send a dummy manual with it! Theres like 4 different alarms for high temp and humidity and low temps. Everything is in celsius and odd numbers... so im going to get a little giant today for the other Pekins eggs since I know that incubator works and ill put the new eggs in!

I'm sorry about Daisys eggs. On the upside, if you do figure out the new bator too, you could always use it just for hatching. Incubate in the LG and hatch in the "other"!!

Okay so the new set of eggs has been in the bator for 4 days now. I candled a few and this it what i saw in one... not sure if its bad or if maybe im looking at twins. Pretty new at candling.

It looks like it was something.... I only see one red vein though. Are there more veins in there? I'd candle again on day 7-8. It might be too early to tell.

I candles them the other day and ended up pulling 9 eggs with the black spots. I still have about 7 or 8 in there that look promising! The ones I pulled, I cracked a few and they looked like blood clots on the side of the shell. The ones that Daisey was laying on, I think out of the 7 there were 3 or 4 that had died about 2 weeks along and the others were ready... but she is doing well after me taking the eggs. She has already started laying eggs again!

These are the babies that i bought! I am almost certain that most if not all are Runners! Or a mix of them. They are so cute! Had to share with everyone since the incubator eggs i don't think are any good... They have quite the personalities!

Back
Top Bottom