Will my Ameraucanas ever lay?

never had that issue before lol but mostly had RiR and Leghorns. and a few australorps or black orpingtons i was never sure which lol
Mine are at this point, anything but specifically laying breeds (apart from a single calico princess). My araucanas were the longest I know of specifically, 2 started at about 8 months, the others were at minimum 11 months. I'm sure some of my mixes are close though too, I just don't really pay attention for most when it comes to laying

well, they are either Ameraucana or they are not. Saying real Ameraucana is like saying real butter. It is either butter or its something else. Or probably like calling a mule a horse lol
As you know, Easter eggers are often sold under the misnomer 'Ameracauna' or Americauna. Unless you paid about $ 20 each, they're likely EE. To complicate things more, real, purebred Amercauna, if they are not in a apa recognized color or mixe color, they can't be called Ameracauna but EE. Clear as mud.🙄

As you know, Easter eggers are often sold under the misnomer 'Ameracauna' or Americauna. Unless you paid about $ 20 each, they're likely EE. To complicate things more, real, purebred Amercauna, if they are not in a apa recognized color or mixe color, they can't be called Ameracauna but EE. Clear as mud.🙄
I paid 20 exactly for them lol I have Black and Brown red ones . My Roo is the brown red . I expect that i will not be able to call them Ameraucana chicks but They should be all blue egg layers. but that's ok. got a couple hens that are the black and a some that are brown red. Ill call thje chicks Amerikana lol

My blue Ameraucana is 24 weeks and just started laying…brown eggs 😪
$23 from Meyer, meets all the other breed standards. Guess she’s not like real butter, more like margarine! Amerikan-I-lay you a brown egg?
that sucks. Mine will be 26 weeks in a couple days if I counted weeks right. but 6 months anyway. still no eggs, but the roo is dancing for them now. and it seems the comb is getting more red.

Back
Top Bottom