will my mallards fly away!

kaythlin

Chirping
Oct 28, 2017
Hello so I’m new to mallards I’ve always raised beautiful Swedish blue :love

Please ignore my questions if you think they are too dumb but I better come off as stupid yet still become enlightened than act like I know and just end up getting them killed.
anyways I have 7 ducklings and they are so cute I love them

so for the question.. I’ve seen in the zoos/parks mallards flying and I know mallards migrate so I’m wondering...
Will wing clipping do it? Or will I need to do more?
I’ve tried wingclipping with my chickens at first but gave up after they would somehow still make it on the trees.

anyways so what will I have to do in order to keep my mallards from flying away,
And any other specific tips for raising mallards will be totally appreciated THANK YOU 😊

here’s some photos for fun :)
A4ADB2B5-8FEC-4E6D-9816-25E2F9E88E16.jpeg
35220C2F-A557-4DB3-BB01-A2A41DB8AFA9.jpeg
9E809814-A742-4DF6-B8AB-77812DEE53B3.jpeg

My mallards never flew away from home, they generally don't unless they feel unsafe or arent being cared for properly, they will, however, fly around your property and get into mischief, so if you have neighbors nearby it might be wise to clip one or two of there wings and just like hair it will grow back so clipping should be done annually or as needed. Cute Ducks!

1585143230739.png

My mallards never flew away from home, they generally don't unless they feel unsafe or arent being cared for properly, they will, however, fly around your property and get into mischief, so if you have neighbors nearby it might be wise to clip one or two of there wings and just like hair it will grow back so clipping should be done annually or as needed. Cute Ducks!

View attachment 2061706
Thank you so much this really helped!

Back
Top Bottom