Will my pigeon's come back home?

julio1993

Hatching
Apr 1, 2020
I have a question, will someone help.... so i have/had 2 roller pigeon's that flew out of there coop today, they were there for 3 weeks before i let them out. They were on eggs so i really thought they wouldn't go anywhere. Now they didn't come back home tonight. šŸ„ŗ is there a possibility they will come back???? Ik eggs are no good anymore cause it's pretty cold outside. Someone please help! Thanks in advance.

Rollers are not homing pigeons, so my suspicion is; Maybe a hawk got them, or chased them. Since these are new to you, they would have a more difficult time finding your loft. (their new home) If they are rollers mixed with homers, then there is a possibility they did return to their old loft. If their old loft is near, even pure rollers are able to return there.
If your pigeons are homeset to your loft, rollers, and most other pigeons that I know will return to their loft. This is called loft flying. That is why it is important to homeset your pigeons before flying them. That does get involved, but that is what pigeon keeping is all about, and FUN. When you get more involved with rollers, then you would train them to return to a KIT. It is all a different sport at that point.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

I have a question, will someone help.... so i have/had 2 roller pigeon's that flew out of there coop today, they were there for 3 weeks before i let them out. They were on eggs so i really thought they wouldn't go anywhere. Now they didn't come back home tonight. šŸ„ŗ is there a possibility they will come back???? Ik eggs are no good anymore cause it's pretty cold outside. Someone please help! Thanks in advance.
one of my pigeons flew away too a week ago and hasnā€™t returned. sadly he was saved from an abusive home so i think he might have went back there šŸ˜¢

Welcome to BYC!

did your rollers have any training on how to come back Inside? Did they ever see outside their loft? Did you move them in a cage all around the loft? If you didnt, they likely got spooked by anything, and took off losing their bearings. this happened a lot to me with my rollers, even with lots of training.

Welcome to BYC!

did your rollers have any training on how to come back Inside? Did they ever see outside their loft? Did you move them in a cage all around the loft? If you didnt, they likely got spooked by anything, and took off losing their bearings. this happened a lot to me with my rollers, even with lots of training.
I got them back, they came back the second day! Thank you for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom