Will my Runner drake learn to love my Muscovy hen?

CHinsz

Chirping
Mar 16, 2022
Hi there! I have 2 lovely, gentle Runner drakes. And 2 lovely females (1 Runner & 1 Muscovy). For ages now, they all get along fabulously đź’—
My question is - my Muscovy hen is in love with one of my Runners. But they don’t seem interested in her at all.. despite her shameless flirting lol.

In time, will they grow to love her?

(Sally, my Muscovy hen not pictured..)

Attachments

• 1A6BCDF0-DDB6-414C-BD80-A8904F86381D.jpeg
    1A6BCDF0-DDB6-414C-BD80-A8904F86381D.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 18
She speaks a different language, but they may develop an interest in her.
Yes I know 💗 she really loves Willow - black Runner. She used to chase him around …. Lol. Hopefully with time ….

If not, I suppose I’ll get her a Muscovy gal pal. 💗

Yes, she probably needs company from another Muscovy. We tend to forget that because both are ducks (and that is debatable with the Muscovy) they will all get along. Mine do not 'mingle' with the mallard-derived ducks socially, and stick to themselves. Only exception is an orphan duckling that was raised by a Muscovy.

Yes, she probably needs company from another Muscovy. We tend to forget that because both are ducks (and that is debatable with the Muscovy) they will all get along. Mine do not 'mingle' with the mallard-derived ducks socially, and stick to themselves. Only exception is an orphan duckling that was raised by a Muscovy.
Thanks!!! I have actually had a male Muscovy for ages. They don’t show any interest in each other at all…. Sally (my female) spends more time with the Runners than my Male Muscovy :)

I have a Muscovy female named Dolly she hatched out Runners and Buffs in 2016 and has never left them. She has no interest at all in my Muscovy drake or his 3 females. She loves her Runners and they love her♥️
Interesting hey! Well I hope that they learn to love her. Willow follows her a lot to hunt in the yard .. maybe it’ll just take time.

My Muscovy Drake loved his Rouen girlfriend and made ducklings with her which were Mules. Two were drakes which I rehomed and I still have the beautiful Hen. He had a Muscovy Sister in the pen with him but never bothered her. He only loved the Rouen Ducks. They never minded him but he was so huge that he broke a lot of their feathers off so he had to go. After rehoming him I traded for another Muscovy hen so his sister would not be alone without another Muscovy. Her favorites in my flock are the Mule Duck and a Khaki Campbell hen which surprised me.

Back
Top Bottom