Will NEVER Help Chicks Hatch Again

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
So, I helped two chicks hatch. Yeah, I'm against it, but it couldn't hurt IN CASE they could be saved. First one died, than the BR seemed fine but had weird toes. It hatched a whole week late (well, I hatched it). So it was a week younger than the rest from this hatch. I figure that they're too young for pecking order etc, so will move it into the big brooder in a week where it can eat and drink out of the raised feeders and waterers.

Well it died today while sleeping... Or dying... Shoot!
barnie.gif

I feel bad. For now, if a chick needs help it can get out on it's own or die in the egg... Will most likely die in the future anyway.

I'm sorry for your losses...
sad.png

i know it is frustrating, and when you are in that situation it is too hard to NOt help sometimes..
he.gif

sometimes it has a happy ending and others it doesn't.
don't beat yourself up about it. We all have done the same thing
hugs.gif

hugs.gif

i'm so sorry for your loss. my first hatch i helped a few and had the same problem a couple died a day or two later. i think one of the ones i helped is doing ok but i now feel that if they can't hatch there is probably a good reason. i am going to be much more selective on how i "help" from now on. hope the rest of your babies are well.

Thank you both.

The hard thing is that there IS always that possibility of one surviving... I just won't take the risk of most dying anymore, though.

Back
Top Bottom