Will roosting chickens face the windows...

Almost all of mine (except the polish for some reason) face the window and look out. Their beaks are just inches from the window. Its great because the roost is at my eye level and the window is hardware cloth for the summer. So at dusk each nite I can go and chat with them very very up close. If I were you I'd space the roost so they can face either way, each one will have their own preference.

Quote:
I believe that's what I will do, space the roost so that they can choose which way they want to sit. Thanks everyone for your input!

Mine all face out. Not a good pic from last winter, but you get the idea...
75545_dsc00747.jpg

Quote:
Same here. Our coop has two windows, one each on opposite walls. There are two roosts of different heights under each window (total of 4 roosts), and all of my chickens cram onto the roosts that are right under the windows and they stare out. The windows are right at their head height, so they love to look out and see what is going on.

well my chickens won't even go inside - they sleep on the roost outside in the run! crazy kids. at least they go inside to lay their eggs. maybe when it gets cooler they'll sleep inside. but probably not since this is florida.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom