Will severally underweight cause crop to malfunction?

That doesn't sound promising, I do appreciate the honesty thought chickenzoo. I may be forced to put her down then. I've been working on her for two weeks now. About a week ago I confirmed her crop was flowing and I've been working on weight gain, with no success. She eats less everyday.

She won't eat mash.

So sorry, I don't like to say it ,but I have tube fed and nursed a lot of chickens, and I know how much of a challenge it can pose when they lose that much mass. Some make a liar out of me, but it worry's me that she doesn't have a good appetite with normal food. try the wormer and feed what ever she can process and evaluate her in a few days if she stays stable. Sometimes I'm afraid their are no answers just best guesses when it comes to chickens........

I am currently struggling with one of my ladies right now. I was able to get the crop to clear, but she is very thin and clumsy(not able to jump well and stumbles on her feet a little). The good thing is she still has an appetite and eats I'm just worried I didn't catch it in time and now she is not going to pull through. She LOVES yogurt and scrambled eggs so she is getting food in but I'm not seeing a change, other then her chest has not swollen again (other then normal size after eating).
I saw someone mention green poo... She has some light green poo, but I'm afraid to try and de-worm her in her condition.

Back
Top Bottom