will she join my other 'flock'?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by spish, Aug 7, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have/had two flocks of geese...flock one - containing 5 geese consisting of 2 chinese (or african? the one without the knobbel on the bill) geese (M/f), and 3 embdens (1m/2f), and another smaller flock (flock 2) of 3 embdens.(1m/2f)

well moneys getting tight and the grass is dissappearing so i put three embens from the first flock up for sale. the guy came to collect and decided he just wnted a couple, leaving one female behind. now i tried to put her back with the chinese (african?) couple but they will no longer let her near them..the male chases her away??

do you think if i try putting her with my other flock that they may accept her? or have i doomed her too a life alone [​IMG]((

i have 2 young geese (around 7 weeks old now) could i try pairing her up with these?

she looks so lonely alone in the field and is constantly calling out for her 2 friends..i dont understand why the other two no longer let her near when theyve all been a flock together since birth?

2. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi there

I would try tointegrate her with your other Embdens and see how they get on. She may be pushed down in the social order at first but give it a little time. If she fails to integrate then I think your best bet is to run her with the goslings as Im sure she'll appreciate the company [​IMG]

Best of luck.

Pete [​IMG]

3. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    well she decided she didnt like the other 2 embdens and flapped over the fence back to the chinese/african geese...the malekept chasing her away but she persisted.

just been out to feed them this morning and all three are grazing together...yay!!

happy ending!

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:[​IMG] I love happy ending!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by