will they come back?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by hunterblu123, Aug 12, 2011.

1. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Someone bought 3 guinea keets yesterday they are 6 weeks old. We forgot to tell him to keep them locked up. He had a 4 ft fence and they flew over into the woods. Unfortunately I just cut there winds the night b/f. They were raised with chickens and he has a few plus 4 of my chickens. Also one of the chicken flew over into the woods will she come back?

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    The chicken might come back/stay close to the sounds of the other poultry, (if a predator or loose dog doesn't take her first), but the keets are most likely gone for good. With clipped wings, they won't be able to get up very high to roost where predators, dogs, cats etc can't get them. And being so young, with no clue where home is... it doesn't look good for them at all. You might tell the guy to look for them roosting somewhere nearby at night, to listen for their peeping and soft noises and to also listen for buck-wheating during the day (if at least one of the keets was a Hen).

3. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    I did go over and tried to find them. I walked around and never heard anything. We did tell to listen for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by