1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Will they do that?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rooster brandon., Oct 9, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    If you have a serama hen when she goes broody will she site on the eggs that come from a buff, rhode island red, barred rock hen?And hatch them?

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

She'll sit on any egg, but they aren't large enough to keep many eggs covered.

3. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Well i was thinking only like 1 or maybe two......Oh and this might help she is a c class the biggest they are the guy told us............Oh and will she still hatch them if they are only two eggs?

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

If she's truly broody, yes, she will hatch just two eggs.

5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Thank you for all the answers sorry for all the questions!

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

They should do fine. Make sure she's sitting on a good amount of nesting material, whether it's straw, hay, or shavings. Her body will heat it up & will help keep the eggs warm. Happy hatching!

7. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    She will hatch just a couple of eggs, but i would recommend giving her a couple more. If something happens to one of the eggs, or it doesn't develop, you'll have only one chick, and it's hard just one chick; they do better with flock mates their own age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by