Will they EVER crow normally?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickybaby, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    :eek: I've got some Dk Cornish Bantams that are nearing 6 months of age now. The boys have been "practicing" their crowing skills for over a month, maybe even 6 weeks, and aren't even CLOSE yet [​IMG] . My Lt Brahma roo got it after 2 - 3 weeks! So I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever get it right, or if I'm destined to hear the "rr EE rrr rrrr" sound forever... I know Cornish mature a little slowly, but this is bordering on ridiculous (but cute at the same time [​IMG] ).

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    We actually loved it when our roos crowed like that. It was soooo funny!!

3. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I'm not getting a kick out of them - believe me, I am [​IMG] . But there are three of them, each one with a different sound, and now I've also got three Dominiques that are getting into the act. Soon to follow will be the Buff Brahma... Some days more than others - like when they go off every hour on the hour, well, that gets to be a bit much. I love the baby rooster music most of the time. I was just wondering if some roos just don't ever get it quite right, or if some just need more time than others [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by