Will they ever get on??

Ravenxxx

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
England
I know its only been 4 days since two new girls arrived to our yard and i did try to keep them seperate but in view of the orignal ones but its just not working. (medium dog cage with 2 newbies in next to larger coop with for litttle madams in all situated in spare stable)

My girls are not used to being locked in their coop all day, usually at 7am they get let out and spend the day wandering around the yard. They have been pecking each other too on the odd ocacasion which is not like them and almost screaming!!.

So I decided to let them all out a few times aday to stretch their legs but two of the 4 really do not like the new chickens and chase them around like crazy, the poor new ones dont wonder far they stay near their makeshift coop and if they see another chicken they run!

Will they ever get on or will they stay in two groups? i wanted to get some more in a few months time but now thinking its to much hassle.

I see my girls in a different light now they can be quite evil!!!

Give them a little more time to adjust to the new ones. Eventually they will get on fine. They might peck at first but the more they are around each other the beter it gets.
smile.png
I would just let them all run free to free range, when they're doing that they seem to pay less attention to each other.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom