Will they produce any fall fire?

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
Quick summary I have porters fall fire variety ordered. I think I may have gotten ahead of myself by doing this but it may work out in the end. I wanted to produce 100% fall fire poults which I see now will not happen I will produce the parent sweetgrass and red sweetgrass which breeding back together will produce back to fall fire. Saying all of that. Will a fall fire produce any fall fire chicks or will they strictly produce one of the sweetgrass variety? I’ve been pounding on the porter calculator and can’t seem to make a fall fire with the choices offered.

Quick summary I have porters fall fire variety ordered. I think I may have gotten ahead of myself by doing this but it may work out in the end. I wanted to produce 100% fall fire poults which I see now will not happen I will produce the parent sweetgrass and red sweetgrass which breeding back together will produce back to fall fire. Saying all of that. Will a fall fire produce any fall fire chicks or will they strictly produce one of the sweetgrass variety? I’ve been pounding on the porter calculator and can’t seem to make a fall fire with the choices offered.
Breeding Fall Fire to Fall Fire should produce 50% Fall Fire, 25% Sweetgrass and 25% Red Sweetgrass.

Fall Fire are heterozygous for the red (r) gene and will never reproduce 100% Fall Fire.

The only way to produce 100% Fall Fire is by breeding Sweetgrass to Red Sweetgrass.

That will work out then I was trying to produce more than one variety I was hoping I wouldn’t have to breed these raise the poults and rebreed. 👍

Back
Top Bottom