will this be ok?

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
I forgot to get some chicken food and my local pet shop is shut for 2 days will it be ok to feed then porridge oats for the next two days?

ChickensAreSweet

Heavenly Grains for Hens
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Pacific NW- where the Douglas Firs grow
Yes, and they LOVE raisins after they have been soaked.

hide.gif

dbarbre

Hatching
8 Years
Dec 26, 2011
Chickens will eat just about anything. In a pinch give them variety and let them choose: fruits, vegies, grain. I have supplemented wild birdseed when I'm low on feed since a run to town is about 30 miles!

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Well they have had it be but they had a drink before having them so that wasn't there best idea

jomoncon

Songster
10 Years
Sep 24, 2010
New Orleans, LA
Be sure to toss in some protein: a can of tuna, leftover meat of any kind. I ran out of food on Christmas eve, and my feed store is normally closed on Mondays. I defrosted a pound of ground meat, and cooked that. Added some uncooked oatmeal, cooked rice, and a couple handfulls of birdseed & scratch. Didn't seems like enough for 2 days, so I added a can of mackerel that had been in the pantry for who knows how long.

They really loved this!

chickenbaguette

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
No, of course not! They're meant to eat meat - worms, bugs, etc. The meat you give them also isn't chicken. Besides they have no way of knowing other chickens are made of meat have they?

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom