Will this keep them safe?

If that is the place they will sleep then no. It has zero protection from above. I have seen fox clear a 6' fence like it was nothing.
Then there are big owls.

They should have a solid secure place to sleep. Daytime that will not stop raptors.
I have a separate run and coop for chickens. This is the run for the ducks and turkeys

The ducks do. But the turkeys

The ducks have a coop. When I asked the Turkey forum they told me to build a movable roost and let them sleep outside when they are big enough.

:confused: Turkey is pretty tasty too. I would keep them in a secure turkey house at night.

Maybe a hoop coop with wire over the hoop and a weather cover.

Last edited:
:confused: Turkey is pretty tasty too. I would keep them in a secure turkey house at night.

Maybe a hoop coop with wire over the hoop and a weather cover cover.
I'll very much try to look into it. Another dilemma I face. Is that I have automatic doors open to let them out in the morning and I put them to sleep in the afternoon. Due to early work.
Would you know of any Turkey size automatic door?

The ducks do. But the turkeys

The ducks have a coop. When I asked the Turkey forum they told me to build a movable roost and let them sleep outside when they are big enough.
Turkeys will sleep wherever they feel like it. Heritage breeds will be using those trees a lot! To roost and as a takeoff to get over the fence. 🤷 Please don't let my negative thoughts deter you from turkeys. I absolutely loved raising them and look forward to getting a new batch in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom