Will this work as a brooder heater?

Sep 27, 2019
Massachusetts
Next week I will be receiving three 1-day-old chicks. At that point, I will also have two 4-week-old chicks. I only have 1 heat plate. Can I use the heat plate for the new chicks in my indoor brooder, and use this standup style heater for my 4-week-olds who are now in their grow out coop? I have 2 of these heaters -
Screenshot_20200517-172452.png

I do have a friend who has a regular heat lamp i could borrow, but i worry about fire. I've only ever used the heat plate. Thanks for any feedback!

Next week I will be receiving three 1-day-old chicks. At that point, I will also have two 4-week-old chicks. I only have 1 heat plate. Can I use the heat plate for the new chicks in my indoor brooder, and use this standup style heater for my 4-week-olds who are now in their grow out coop? I have 2 of these heaters -
View attachment 2145688

I do have a friend who has a regular heat lamp i could borrow, but i worry about fire. I've only ever used the heat plate. Thanks for any feedback!
I don’t have an answer but I want you to know I researched this because it seemed more versatile and much cheaper then a brooder plate.
But what will baby chicks do when they sleep? This is upright and not designed to be horizontal. So I can’t imagine it working unless there was a lot of rigging involved.
but if someone has used it and been successful I’d love to hear!

Back
Top Bottom