Will this work?

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I plan on moving the ducklings out once they're 4 weeks old but I do understand that they will still need enough heat to prevent them from getting too cold. They'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow and I've been taking them outside since they were 2-3 days old. Our chickens don't seem to mind them and have been ignoring them so it's a good sign to me that they're okay with them.

I was wondering if putting our only bantam hen in with the ducklings at night would keep them warm. It would only be at night and it would only be until they're old enough to keep warm themselves. Once they can keep warm, I plan on keeping them in our 3rd yard until they're old enough to join our duck flock.

Will keeping our bantam hen with them at night work?

I only want my question answered. Anything else will be ignored.

I plan on moving the ducklings out once they're 4 weeks old but I do understand that they will still need enough heat to prevent them from getting too cold. They'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow and I've been taking them outside since they were 2-3 days old. Our chickens don't seem to mind them and have been ignoring them so it's a good sign to me that they're okay with them.

I was wondering if putting our only bantam hen in with the ducklings at night would keep them warm. It would only be at night and it would only be until they're old enough to keep warm themselves. Once they can keep warm, I plan on keeping them in our 3rd yard until they're old enough to join our duck flock.

Will keeping our bantam hen with them at night work?

I only want my question answered. Anything else will be ignored.
Can you provide a heat pad instead?

My ducks are in the shed coop since about 2 weeks old. There are 5 in a large metal dog crate with pine shavings on the the bottom. I mocked up a mama heating pad with a seedling warming mat I wan't using right now. I just duck trapped it to a wire frame and placed it in there. They manage through lows in the upper 30s and low 40s with it.

Back
Top Bottom