Will those PVC elbow feeders work for ducks?

Put some of that 2x3 hog wire around that thing with an opening maybe a 14 inches square, then put the feeder away from the door. That should stop your little deer ninjas.
I tried that too. The ducks and hen with chicks caused chaos with coming and going. I had an entrance on each side but it increased fighting and chaos inside...

Although it was when the chicks were younger and I was worried about them being trampled. Now that they are older it might be worth a try again

I
our feeder is out in the pasture under a little roof structure. At night I just cover it, but they’ve been bolder lately and eating it during the day.
I’ve thought about putting the feed in the coops but I worry about rats.
Never have seen any rat around my property, they may have all been eaten by the raccoons. Mice? - Blanca Duck loves to eat them whole…

Never have seen any rat around my property, they may have all been eaten by the raccoons. Mice? - Blanca Duck loves to eat them whole…
Your duck eats mice? No wonder the deer are running scared. Mine won’t even eat a slug that’s too big and aggressive...

Unfortunately I have seen a rat recently. They get big out here. I have traps but none in the chicken area

I tried that too. The ducks and hen with chicks caused chaos with coming and going. I had an entrance on each side but it increased fighting and chaos inside...
What if you expand and make the structure larger so that they have enough personal space.
Although it was when the chicks were younger and I was worried about them being trampled. Now that they are older it might be worth a try again

Your duck eats mice? No wonder the deer are running scared. Mine won’t even eat a slug that’s too big and aggressive...
Unfortunately I have seen a rat recently. They get big out here. I have traps but none in the chicken area
Blanca Duck is a mouse trap on legs! She has caught several mice, squished them dead and swallowed hole. And there are very few lizards around the house this year…
And all of the ducks love to eat those pesky stink bugs! Last year we were literally overran with stink bugs, we fogged the entire house twice, this year just a few bugs made it in…
And the ducks talk to the deer: On several occasions i looked outside early in the morning and all ducks were standing in front of the fence, looking at deer, quacking and the deer was squieking back. They also talk with the wild turkeys…

Wonders...is it the rats(instead or in addition to the deer) that are getting into the feeder at night?
I lock the food up at night. The deer eat it right in front of me. They also broke the feeder... and after I “chase” them off , they turn right around and go back for more. They don’t even wait until I’m in the house

If the rats are getting at it, at least they have the respect not to do it infront of me

Blanca Duck is a mouse trap on legs! She has caught several mice, squished them dead and swallowed hole. And there are very few lizards around the house this year…
And all of the ducks love to eat those pesky stink bugs! Last year we were literally overran with stink bugs, we fogged the entire house twice, this year just a few bugs made it in…
And the ducks talk to the deer: On several occasions i looked outside early in the morning and all ducks were standing in front of the fence, looking at deer, quacking and the deer was squieking back. They also talk with the wild turkeys…
Mine talk to the deer too “help yourself, the dumb human pays for it. We just quack really loud and she adds more. Plenty for all”

Back
Top Bottom