Willy Wonka, the chocolate runner, didn't make it

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
He died somewhere around 5 this morning. He was still alive at 4:30 when I came out to make the coffee.
sad.png
Lots of tears this morning. I'm pretty sure it was pasteurella, coughing, bright green poop. I'm going to continue to treat all the ducks with the antibiotics for the full week, just to be safe. He was a little over two months old and such a spunky little guy just up until 2 days ago. He's the duck I'm holding in my avatar. RIP Willy Wonka aka Good Will Duckling aka Mr. Will Schuester.
hit.gif

Oh Java im sorry to hear about your loss of Willy. I lost my favourite 1, Squidge the other week. Its heart breaking. My chocolate runners have turned into comedians, they are my laughing ducks, very out going, LOUD and full of beans. To start with they were the quiet ones. Everyone that pulls into the drive says 1 of your ducks was laughing at me. Even the post woman, who they cant see but can hear says you have a duck that quacks like its laughing.
How many did you get, was it 2 or 3. oh lordy, dont tell me your down to 1 and the poor ducky is now heart broken
sad.png

So sorry to hear.. I lost all 3 of mine this last week to a fox or coon. But I always tell everyone, the only way to help get over a lost pet is to get another! So, I'm going to pick up some more tonight.. from some fine folks here on this forum.
smile.png

Best of luck to you going forward with the rest of your flock!

Gofaster, yeah, I'm down to one runner. I do have an Ancona drake and a Rouen drake. I was going to try and send them all out together this week. Now I just have to get them to get along with Gerber (the blue runner). So he won't be completely alone. With only having the two, they've been in my kitchen all this time, my little house ducks. My husband was working on a bigger warmer duck enclosure so I could move them out. I think we'll get another runner for my daughter, Ashley, in the Spring as this was her duck and she's pretty sad. She lost a chinchilla back in January. So heartbreaking to hear her cry and say "why do my pets keep dying?". At least I know he lived a good spoiled life up until the end!

And thanks Axxell. I would run out and get another, but I'd rather wait til Spring. I'm tired of having a stinky brooder/duck cage in my kitchen and washing the floor several times a day. Luckily I still have 3 other ducks, 3 chickens, and 4 chinchillas. So it's certainly not devoid of pets, that's for sure!
lol.png

Awww, that's too bad, sorry about your loss. Was Willy your first runner? I thought I heard you mention that he was the reason why you fell in love with runner ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom