I WAS on day 14 and then we had a wind storm last night. I candled the three banty eggs that had made it this far out of a dozen. One was iffy and two you could see the chicks developing and some movement. Then we had a very high (60 plus mph) wind very cold front come though here about 10 pm. I spent until midnight working on stabilizing the incubator. It's in an inner room with a heater in it, but with that much wind ambient dropped from 80 down to 71. Doggone it. I put a blanket on the incubator and worked to keep the thing at 100. Put a second blanket on it and got it to 101. At midnight I HAD to go to bed. We have two building projects going concurrently for the next two weeks and I HAVE to have at least six hours of sleep. Six am the alarm goes off and I check the eggs. 103. DRAT. I cooled it down and candled the eggs. I can see zippo for movement. But then, I am tired and a touch frustrated right now. I suppose that the only thing left to do is just wait it out until Sunday when they are supposed to hatch, but drat. Worst of all, the gal who these are for is a hugely over emotional person. SIGH. She is going to weep and wail over the loss of the bantys and I think I am a little too tired to walk that road right now. Spring in NM is always VERY windy, so I am thinking that my next round I am going to find a big box to put the Hovabator into and put blankets around the bator. If someone has any ideas on that I'd be grateful. Meanwhile, does anyone think the babies could make it though that kind of temp spike?