Wing injury. Dislocated? Broken? Urgent!

I don’t know.. I’ll have to see if there’s any affordable avian vets in my area. I’ve never needed to see a vet before.
Do you have any idea what could be going on? I assume I can’t treat this myself.
@Wyorp Rock

Last edited:
Is there a scab to lift up a bit on the swelling to see if puss comes out? Try that. Use a needle to lift the scab slightly - watch out, stuff might go everywhere! You could poke a needle into it otherwise; if some puss comes out of the poke - but the holes not big enough - use something to knick it. I think it's best it gets drained.

How is the wing's break feeling? Any sturdier?

The break does feel sturdier. I’ll see if there’s a vet in the area that I can take him to. Thank you all for your advice.
@Chickinie, I’ll try that if I can’t find a vet, thank you for the advice. I kinda just don’t trust myself draining something so close to the break.

So, I never got around to calling the vet:barnie
I’ve been ridiculously busy. However, the swelling has gotten much smaller. It’s very small now. Should I leave it alone, and see how it goes? Also, I haven’t been bandaging it lately, he holds it in a pretty normal position now( he’s also really good at getting it off:rolleyes: ) Is that fine? I don’t think I can take him to the vet, I can’t spend too much money on a chicken. I would if I could, and I’m very fond of all my chickens, but they’re for profit, so spending more money than I make doesn’t work for me. Thank you all in advance.

Back
Top Bottom