Wing sexing with americauna chicks

May 1, 2022
Hi, I recently hatched some EEs and americaunas. Trying to lightly guess which ones might be females? Some have way more developed wing and tail feathers would that indicate female?

I deleted the picture because it seemed to be confusing everyone from the question ofnthe post

Last edited:
Going solely off of skin color, those are Easter Eggers. Neither EEs or Ams can be accurately feather sexed.

Just to be thorough, where did you get them and how much did you pay for them?

Going solely off of skin color, those are Easter Eggers. Neither EEs or Ams can be accurately feather sexed.

Just to be thorough, where did you get them and how much did you pay for them?
I have over 20 I hatched from a local farmer whoe gave me a dozen ees and a dozen amaraucauna eggs too hatch. I am not asking what you think the breed is I have way more than what I posted an I am aware which are which. . This was a sexing feather question question and im not asking for accuracy either just curious what your thoughts would be on feather growth typically would you see females get their tail feathers faster? The pics of the few I chose to share were random and not a question of their breed more for attention as they are darn cute

I have over 20 I hatched from a local farmer whoe gave me a dozen ees and a dozen amaraucauna eggs too hatch. I am not asking what you think the breed is I have way more than what I posted an I am aware which are which. . This was a sexing feather question question and im not asking for accuracy either just curious what your thoughts would be on feather growth typically would you see females get their tail feathers faster? The pics of the few I chose to share were random and not a question of their breed more for attention as they are darn cute
Your answer is no.

I wasn't speaking to you directly on breed. Just making a blanket statement to the forum. Some people come here and just read to learn. If they read incorrect info, then they learn incorrect info.

Back
Top Bottom