**WINNER ANNOUNCED!* in "MY FAVORITE CHICKEN PHOTO Contest"! c

Here is a picture of Ginger the Red Sexie laying an egg! HA! This one cracks me up! It's actually a two part photo, before and after.

Before

100_1264.jpg

After

100_1266.jpg

Hmmmm... Does that count as one submission, or two?

I'm going with one at this point. If I'm wrong, I'll pull one of my others.
smile.png

Last edited:
Couldn't resist posting a few of my favorites. This first picture is of my 7-year old daughter and "Chicken Little." This was her very first chicken that she chose because she thought it was so beautiful and small. It was a porcelain D'Uccle who sadly turned out to be a boy after weeks of carrying him around all day. We are not allowed to have roosters where we live, so this is her sitting with him in a brooder in the garage the night before he had to move. She was heart broken! He was her first love--definitely her all time FAVORITE chicken!

25108_roo.jpg

This secound photo is of my same daughter. I walked in to see that she had "Razzle Dazzle," our red frizzled bantman Cochin, in her room. She had spread out a puppy training pad for "poo protection" and was enjoying the DVD "Chicken Little" with her! Too funny!

25108_chick.jpg

The last photo is of her self blue bantam Cochin, "Chicken Little" (Chicken Little the Rooster from photo 1's replacement!) She recently went broody and hatched three of Sonew123's olive eggs for us. This has probably been one of the most enjoyable chicken experiences we have ever had! My kids would just sit and watch her forever. The chicks stuck to her like glue and were always just popping up randomnly out of her fluff. If one went under her wings, another one shot out the other side. They thought it was hysterical. It was also really neat to watch her line them up and "lecture" them.

25108_img_8110.jpg

wanted to add one more to my submissions (my first two are WAY up there in post #11)

this is one of my Russian Orloff's hatching. I just love the little feet sticking out.
love.gif

isn't quite as focused as I'd like but i was using my cell phone camera b/c the regular one struggles with the clear top of the bator.
31148_russian_orloff_hatching_001.jpg

A lot of great pictures here! Alright, here's mine.

Chipmunk, my EE hen.
IMG_1807.jpg

The still unnamed Silver Penciled Rock cockeral (left) and pullet (right)
SDC10255.jpg

Moose, my welsummer rooster.
10225.jpg

Tender, one of our Welsummer chicks.
5610tendera.jpg

Kiev (Light Brahma) and the backside of Pot Pie (Buff Orpington)
5210b.jpg

Cordon Bleu, our Easter Egger, pausing in mid-stroll.
5210bleuc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom