WINNERS ANNOUNCED~DUCK CONTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Almost time to tuck the ducks for the night!
Amber - 2 mths - Welsh Harlequin - female
PhotoGrid_1535483692285.jpg

Amber is the biggest drama queen - runs the most when trying to herd them up the ramp to the pool & quacks the loudest when picked up.

May I ask what the judging criteria will be?
I will be judging the ducks off of their beauty, uniqueness, and what their owners feels makes them special. Other judges will be able to judge by their own criteria as long as it is non-biased. I have also asked my husband to judge since I know he will be completely non-biased. (He doesn't have a BYC acct and doesnt know anyone on the BYC).

View attachment 1517274
Name; Hercules
Age; 3 (and a half) months
Breed; Pekin
Gender; Male
He's the sweetest! We originally had 5 ducks, but two got extremely aggressive to Hercules and just ripped out his wings nonstop... this led constant bleeding. The blood seemed to be infected, and he was a bit lethargic; in a panic, my family member gave him a bath... with soap that destroyed his oil that helps ducks float. Good news, it was only at the injured spot. Bad news, he doesn't swim as well as the others... we took the aggressive ducks to our pond, it's beside a huge flock of wild (friendly) Pekin's that free range the mountain! What was funny about the situation; Hercules was bigger than the bullies, but he took it and never snapped! Anywho, Hercules never loved the water. I have a video of all the other duckling's getting in the pool, and him just sitting outside preening and pouting; so him not swimming well doesn't really come up that often!
So adorable!!!

The incomparable Margot (sorry - 3x a charm! i think I've got all the rules down now.)View attachment 1518068
Margot - 2 mths - Cayuga - female
Margot is the leader of the flock & the fastest runner & swimmer of the bunch. She might be annoyed by our cuddles but isn't afraid of much.
Very beautiful!

I have to submit my avatar picture. :)
Abby
4.5 months
Pekin
Female
Abby came to us after her previous family lost her sister to a predator and they no longer wanted ducks. Since she hadn't been given access to swimming water, she didn't know how to swim and her feathers and feet were a disaster. She was distrustful of people and very timid in the 'big yard', probably because she watched the predator attack on her sister. She was however quite fond of her new duck family! What makes Abby so special is how she's overcome her first few rough months of life to become an amazing pet. She swims, dives, runs, nuzzles for love, eats out of our hands, sits on our laps and loves chest rubs. When our drake is chasing her, she runs and hides behind me - I can almost hear her saying 'Mom, he's picking on me'! She's recently started laying and has given us 3 beautiful eggs so far. She is happy, healthy and loved!

54832485-6A1D-493F-B3AD-8AB178876EDF.jpeg

I have to submit my avatar picture. :)
Abby
4.5 months
Pekin
Female
Abby came to us after her previous family lost her sister to a predator and they no longer wanted ducks. Since she hadn't been given access to swimming water, she didn't know how to swim and her feathers and feet were a disaster. She was distrustful of people and very timid in the 'big yard', probably because she watched the predator attack on her sister. She was however quite fond of her new duck family! What makes Abby so special is how she's overcome her first few rough months of life to become an amazing pet. She swims, dives, runs, nuzzles for love, eats out of our hands, sits on our laps and loves chest rubs. When our drake is chasing her, she runs and hides behind me - I can almost hear her saying 'Mom, he's picking on me'! She's recently started laying and has given us 3 beautiful eggs so far. She is happy, healthy and loved!

View attachment 1518137
Awe, precious girl. I'm glad she found your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom