winter beanies and bending down to care for ducks

I post this in ducks forum, because everything about caring for ducks is low to the ground/ on the ground or floor and much bending over to care for them feed/water/ and cleaning up is a daily thing. (Not so much with my chickens)
In cold weather I wear beanies! And they always shift forward and cover my eyes when I am doing all this bending!
Has anyone discovered how to prevent this? I am so tired of constantly pulling my beanie hats back so I can see again!!
Loose ones, tight ones, whatever size I get they still fall forward :(
My son puts his on over a ball cap. Extra warm and it doesn’t move/fall off.

Me… long hair in a bun on top of my head. That usually takes care of it. If the beanie flops off too many times when I bend over, it ends up on the seat of my UTV. The best thing that works for me ultimately… pull my hoodie up and tie. 🙂

i got mine this morning !! i’m wearing it now yay it’s nice! i still have a little bit of sliding up in the back, but the front doesn’t slide forward anymore and I can wear a beanie over it. yay! . I was thinking if I wore it under my hair in the back it won’t slide up at all but then I might have that problem of cold neck and I don’t like scarves. They’re too bulky I just like my hair to be down . I know that pulling my hoodie hood up solves that problem however, something about wearing the hoodie blocking my view to the left and right just a little bit bothers me I like to have a full view of what’s going on around me. I know we can’t see nearly as much as the ducks and geese but still I don’t want to give up any of my peripheral view

So this morning I put on my new hat and coat and gloves went out to let everyone and get feed came back inside took off my coat and gloves got coffee and sat down on the sofa which in about 15 min realized I had not taken off my hat. It is so comfortable I forgot I had it on.:p What Is so nice I never have to adjust it to keep it from falling over into my face it stays right where I put it.

Back
Top Bottom