winter beanies and bending down to care for ducks

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
I post this in ducks forum, because everything about caring for ducks is low to the ground/ on the ground or floor and much bending over to care for them feed/water/ and cleaning up is a daily thing. (Not so much with my chickens)
In cold weather I wear beanies! And they always shift forward and cover my eyes when I am doing all this bending!
Has anyone discovered how to prevent this? I am so tired of constantly pulling my beanie hats back so I can see again!!
Loose ones, tight ones, whatever size I get they still fall forward :(

I post this in ducks forum, because everything about caring for ducks is low to the ground/ on the ground or floor and much bending over to care for them feed/water/ and cleaning up is a daily thing. (Not so much with my chickens)
In cold weather I wear beanies! And they always shift forward and cover my eyes when I am doing all this bending!
Has anyone discovered how to prevent this? I am so tired of constantly pulling my beanie hats back so I can see again!!
Have you tried using Bobby pins? I wear I beanie type hat but I have so much hair that I've given up on keeping my hat on

Have you tried using Bobby pins? I wear I beanie type hat but I have so much hair that I've given up on keeping my hat on
i’m afraid bobby pins could fall out into duck bedding and get eaten by a duck - i also have crazy thick long hair / i tried using a claw type hair clip and it hold for a little while. i’m thinking maybe i need chop sticks

i’m afraid bobby pins could fall out into duck bedding and get eaten by a duck - i also have crazy thick long hair / i tried using a claw type hair clip and it hold for a little while. i’m thinking maybe i need chop sticks
I could see that. My wife uses an unreasonable amount of Bobby pins lol I have dreadlocks down to my ankles so Bobby pins aren't an option for me. I just find myself constantly adjusting my hat. I hope someone chimes in with a good hack

ok i went through all the drawers and found this thing idk what it’s called but i’m trying it

Attachments

• 0EC70F98-A094-4A40-90A5-33BA9C559A5C.jpeg
    0EC70F98-A094-4A40-90A5-33BA9C559A5C.jpeg
    621.6 KB · Views: 5
If I wrap my hair in a bun and stretch the beanie back and over the bun, the bun holds it in place. Your beanies have to be large enough to accommodate a bun, though.

If I wrap my hair in a bun and stretch the beanie back and over the bun, the bun holds it in place. Your beanies have to be large enough to accommodate a bun, though.
aha ok so then you would have to wear a scarf 🧣 because hair up= cold neck for me

Same! It so maddening!

Back
Top Bottom