Winter=Dry Hands

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
Just a tint rant about dry hands in winter.

I work at a place that requires near constant hand washing for health reasons (fast food, trust me, you want us washing our hands :sick). Thanks to the virus, it's even stricter. I actually counted today and averaged a 20 second wash almost every 2-3 minutes for a 6 hour shift.

It's been three days and my hands look like I wash with sand paper, and I have winter until April 😂

Just a tint rant about dry hands in winter.

I work at a place that requires near constant hand washing for health reasons (fast food, trust me, you want us washing our hands :sick). Thanks to the virus, it's even stricter. I actually counted today and averaged a 20 second wash almost every 2-3 minutes for a 6 hour shift.

It's been three days and my hands look like I wash with sand paper, and I have winter until April 😂
At that rate you're going to shred your hands 😢 Are you not able to wear protective gloves? Those can be washed too - or exchanged for a fresh pair when needed.

We would be required to toss our gloves when we step off the makeline, which is just unrealistic for us to do, especially during rushes.
Ordinarily I'd say yes I agree .. that would be quite wasteful having to constantly change gloves .. but the current requirement for you to wash your hands constantly is also not good for the health of your hands. Someone needs to suggest that your work gives you all a christmas voucher for a lovely hand salon day!!

At that rate you're going to shred your hands 😢 Are you not able to wear protective gloves? Those can be washed too - or exchanged for a fresh pair when needed.
No no no!
Never think washing gloves is a substitute for washing hands.
Wash your hands in between glove changes.
Every. Time.
Change gloves every time you change tasks.

Ordinarily I'd say yes I agree .. that would be quite wasteful having to constantly change gloves .. but the current requirement for you to wash your hands constantly is also not good for the health of your hands. Someone needs to suggest that your work gives you all a christmas voucher for a lovely hand salon day!!
Unfortunately that is just the way it is when you work in the food industry or healthcare.
Too many people do not follow the guidelines as it is. 🤬

Back
Top Bottom