Winter "greens" question

I plant about 60 Broccoli plants and feed them the leaves I cut from the lower part of the plants.They fight for
them.But then again I live in Sunny Greece with mild winters.If the broc is planted in July it should be able to withstand the cold.I am zone 7 to 8 compared to USA planting zones.

Petros

I planted beets in the Fall last year; this Spring I fed the chicks greens from the beets before other things began to grow...the bunnies got the roots. Also had Swiss Chard that I fed to the chicks...they gobbled it up.

Plan to plant beets, carrots and ??? this Fall. Also plan to try sprouting for the first time.
I'd do some research before feeding the hens the carrot greens. I've heard they are "poisonous" to some animals. I may be totally off here, but its something i picked up along the way.

Last year mine got whatever remnants were in the garden - a little kale, carrots (frozen into the ground, but the greens were still worth nibbling), chard - plus leftovers from the kitchen, like parsley stems. I still have the surviving kale plants from last year and they've gotten about 5' tall, so there'll be a ton of kale this year for them.

Back
Top Bottom