Winter haven (central, FL) swap sale DEC 18th

Quote:

thumbsup.gif

TOY DRIVE.............

I am gonna have a toy drive this year for a family who has a child with cystic fibrosis ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis ) Erin has been fighting this disease for years. Her wish is that her 5 year old brother Barred get a christmas. This family is at the brink of loosing their home & this will probally be the last xmas they have there. It has been hard for them but through it all they remain positive.

I have known Jaime since we were 13 years old. She is the kind of person who will not ask for anything. SOOOOOOOOOOOO this is a secret & she has no clue!!!

I am asking for donations of unwrapped boys toys for Barret ( 5 years old). I will be shipping them up there the following monday all address from Santa.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and make it to this one, but I did just get a message that my friend is having her son's birthday party on the same day. Hopefully it will be later in the day and I can come visit in the morning. I have nothing to sell and shouldn't buy anything, but I'll just visit - bring a toy - admire people's chickens.
What about Erin, the girl with cystic fibrosis? Couldn't she use some gifts? How old is she?

Quote:
she gets from the foundation but her brother doesn't. they spend all their money on meds & transport that they can't afford presents for Barret jr. he falls in the cracks but is affected by her illness. any gifts he can't use (girl gifts or whatever) is being put into the toy drive up north & toys are being dropped off at CHOP in philly. they will give gifts to the children in the hospital for the holidays. Either way a kids is helped & any little gift helps. puzzels, card games, coloring books etc can all be used by kids in the hospital. They are alone alot in their rooms & get bored!!!!

Jaime is helping others & nobody is helping her. So i got upset & was like.................WTH! I will collect for her kid then!!!!! Those who serve others never think of themselves even when the times are tuff. It makes them who they are & they are used to it. It just broke my heart when i heard her say, "NO XMAS for us"
hit.gif
Barret is still a kid & that just broke my heart. You all know i have a week spot in my heart for kids. We tried to get them signed up for Salvation army but it was tooo late. toys for tots lists are done also so she was screwed!!! I am gonna personally buy some stuff for him & get some dollar store stuff for her toy drive up north. It is all posted on www.erinslight.webs.com (info)

Thanks so much for the advice! I had lost the thread and didn't know you had answered!
smile.png
Do you know if anyone will be selling any fresh (aka, for eating) eggs at the swap? Is that barbaric of me to ask at a swap? lol, if so - sorry!

I'd bring you eggs if more of my girls were laying - the ones I get, WE eat!

Anyone bringing Buff Orpingtons to this swap? I've got a woman from Largo looking for chicks.

I can bring eggs. I do sell all that my girls lay but how many do you want? My babies should start laying the first of March. I am looking for someone to process 13 of my older birds. They aren't laying very well any more.

Last edited:
not sure who is bringing what...lol Should be alot of different stuff though. It's a potluck, gonna make some chilli or something warm for us.

I just saw the weather forcast. The forcast is saying rain on Saturday. If it does rain I don't think I'll make it. Will see as the week progresses and if there are any changes. I know we can't control the weather. The temperature is susposed to be 75 degrees.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom