Winter Quilt Block Swap 2013

Golf balls, never thought of that, wonder if it would work on a Banny. she gets so upset when I take her eggs that I have to hunt down her new nest site, I leave some don't take them all and she can tell, I like these little eggs for our salads, they are just perfect and when my peppers come in this summer I'm going to pickle the banny eggs, instead of my regular eggs.

Actually the Quilt Show is held at the Air Museum for a very sad reason. For years and years it was held in an historic, very old building which belongs to a vinyard. It could also be hired for weddings, big parties etc. Last year it was burned to the ground. The loss of something that has stood for hundreds of years is awful, really gut-wrenching. I have heard that the arsonist was peeved because he couldn't book his wedding reception there, the date wasn't available, but that may be a rumour. You can get a little taste of the place if you look it up at www.chilfordhall.co.uk . Please note, although the catering was good, we didn't have the gourmet meals shown on the web site at the quilt shows! The quilt show, which is held in Spring & Autumn, had to be moved in a hurry so its gone to a nearby air museum which is great. Last autumn, I ate my sandwiches beneath the wings a a huge aeroplane. I suspect Rosie did today. You can find the air museum, its called Duxford, on www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford .
Oops, I started writing this then went to have my dinner, came back & discovered after submitting it that Rosie has already told you this. Oh well!

I agree that Rosie's block is fantastic too!

Oh, I hate to hear of that poor ancient building lost. I'm awefully sorry about that. Of course, you can't find anything anywhere in America that was made by Europens before the later 1600's when the pilgrims arrived. Really, I think there are only 3 building in the whole U.S. from before 1700. Folks around here think my house is old becasue it was built in 1876, a few years after Kansas became a state. If anything happend to it, I would be devestated! I have the oldest woodframe house in the area. The only older house is rock, and 7 years older. We wouldn't know what to do with an 800 year old building.

The native americans have some cool stuff they made (some caves work, a lot of ancient paintings, stuff like that) that goes back very very far, maybe older than any recognized country but like China. In Arizona, I have seen stuff well over 2000 years old, there before Jesus.

Thank you all for the wonderful blocks! We had great fun opening the parcel today and explaining to our friends why we sent blocks to America and some got sent back again! I think I will make a quillow and use all the blue and white blocks for the quilt and the others to make the pillow part.
Thank you all again this has been so much fun.

Thank you guys for taking part! You've got to keep doing it, we love both your blocks. (of course, I guess I'm the only lucky one who gets to know whats from whom....maybe I should identifiy the block builders.)

Back
Top Bottom