Winter Quilt Block Swap 2013

Yeh, we got lucky!! Our blocks have been delivered to Mary today. We plan to open them when we go out for lunch with some other quilters on Wednesday next week.
Mary said the mail man was chuckling about what Marty had written on the package!
Roll on Wednesday
gig.gif
So glad he was amused! The artist in me refuses to leave giant blank sections on the back of envelopes and boxes.

My blocks arrived. They are lovely. Thank you all.

A name quilt would be fun. I have an antique one with hand embroidery. I've been thinking about doing a Texas quilt inspired by these. They are from the modern quilters guild.

Oh, so cool! Would be fun to have a swap where we each found a pattern (or made one) for blocks that either had our state, or the state bird, animals, flower, etc. for the block, don't you think?

katsday - the blocks made it accross the puddle allready, and your aren't there? This is nuts. They will probobly arrive the same day as the bread starter. If the starter isn't there by Saturday, I'll have to send you a fresh one. The bread starter was sent priority, but I don't remember if your blocks were priority or regular snail mail.

I love these name stories, and I would have been the flue brush too, my head was no bigger than an orange and black hair stood up everywhere, and no chin to speak of, so comes picture day and after the nurse brought me into my mom and she said ohhh who slicked down her hair with baby oil, the nurse said (without thinking) I was only trying to make her pretty!!!
lau.gif
good thing I was number 7 mom just laughed, but she really wanted my picture with the hair standing up. My dad came to see mom after I was born (he was at work) brother took mom to the hospital, and when he was getting ready to leave she said lets go see the baby you have to see this one. I grew up with these stories and I always would tell them I'm the ugly duckling that turned into the beautiful swan. I was so different to the other 6 and full term was the smallest, the twins weighed more than I did, I barely reached 5 pounds. Oh well good for laughs.

My daughters name is Summer Rose. I picked the Summer and couldn't think of a good middle name until I remembered my Mom telling me when I was young coming in after playing that I looked like the last rose of summer, so there you have my daughters name.

Kimmie

I love these name stories, and I would have been the flue brush too, my head was no bigger than an orange and black hair stood up everywhere, and no chin to speak of, so comes picture day and after the nurse brought me into my mom and she said ohhh who slicked down her hair with baby oil, the nurse said (without thinking) I was only trying to make her pretty!!!
lau.gif
good thing I was number 7 mom just laughed, but she really wanted my picture with the hair standing up. My dad came to see mom after I was born (he was at work) brother took mom to the hospital, and when he was getting ready to leave she said lets go see the baby you have to see this one. I grew up with these stories and I always would tell them I'm the ugly duckling that turned into the beautiful swan. I was so different to the other 6 and full term was the smallest, the twins weighed more than I did, I barely reached 5 pounds. Oh well good for laughs.
Wow, I was the youngest of 7, two sets of twins ahead of me, I was still the smallest though. long dark hair, not sticky uppy (by my DD #2 was nicknamed fuzzy as a baby - blond hair sticking out everywhere, and it would follow your hand!) Nowdays, I'm the shortest by 5 full inches. My one sister (a twin) is 6 foot, so are all 5 brothers. I'm the stub.
rant.gif

My brothers called me runt.
smack.gif
I did turn out to be the swan, and my big sister was jealous I was small with little hands, and could date anyone. She was always looking for guys taller and bigger built than she was. She was very musculer, and we called her amazon.

Back
Top Bottom