Winter water heater

You can kind of see it in this picture here. We were thinking about getting a heater that just goes right into the water. But i see how it may cause a problem with the pvc pipe. We may just end up getting a heated bucket for the winter!
Can't really see but I assume those are vertical nipples? Verticals will freeze regardless if the water in the PVC is liquid, due to more of the nipple components sitting external to the waterer.

Also the feed line from the bucket to the PVC will probably freeze, as it's not as insulated from outside temperatures as much as the bucket/PVC is.

Can't really see but I assume those are vertical nipples? Verticals will freeze regardless if the water in the PVC is liquid, due to more of the nipple components sitting external to the waterer.

Also the feed line from the bucket to the PVC will probably freeze, as it's not as insulated from outside temperatures as much as the bucket/PVC is.
Were thinking about getting heated tape (i think that’s what it’s called) to wrap around the pvc pipe and the hose. If it doesn’t work for us we’re going to just buy a heated water bucket!

Were thinking about getting heated tape (i think that’s what it’s called) to wrap around the pvc pipe and the hose. If it doesn’t work for us we’re going to just buy a heated water bucket!
You'd still need to manually defrost the nipples each morning (I did that for 2 winters... just took a cup of warm water with me to the run each morning). The heated bucket would be a better bet for sure!

Hey y’all, I live in New Jersey where the winters can get pretty brutal with snow and cold temperatures. Right now our water system is a 2 gallon bucket with a hose connected to a piece of pvc pipe with water nipples coming from it. I’m wondering if anyone has any advice for keeping the water heated in the winter time. Any heaters that could go on the bucket or in the bucket?
5 GALLON HEATED WATERER MADE BY MILLER MFG. COMPANY. EVERY GOOD FARM STORE USUALLY HAVE THEM IN STOCK.
WE HAVE GREAT EXPERINCE WITH. MAKE SURE TO HANG THEM ON THE ROPE OR EVEN BETER CHAIN ADJUSTED TO THE HEIGHT OF YOUR BIRDS.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

Back
Top Bottom