1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    wonder what ideas everyone has for water? last winter i bought a 5 gallon heated waterer u fill from bottom , it is hard to handle but it stayed clean. i have 30 chickens in one coop and 13 guineas in another that i used a crock pot in. not too bad. BUT my water supply is on the other side of the house and its too much for me to carry so i would use the hose and then have to drain it and hold it up in the air so it wouldnt freeze up. there has to be a better way without too much money involved. help my fingers from freezing please[​IMG]

2. chfite

chfite Songster

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    I use this bird bath heater. http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RTProduct.asp?SKU=API-BDT250

It is durable, metal construction with a shroud over part of the cord. I just drop it in the supply bucket, and leave it for the season.

It is available many places. I have used it two seasons, and have been satisfied.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: