Wire Wrap and Weave Jewelry

Pics
Do you find your own raw, uncut stones and polish them, or buy them pre-shaped and polished?
My dream vacation would be going to dig for aquamarine, turquoise or any of the other stones that are found in the US. Or opals, yeah, I'd go to Zambia or Australia and mine for opals.:drool
No I buy them... They come from all over From Shri Lanka to India China and the Himilayas.

Some are from distributors and some from Artisans. I do found objects as well .... A friend went to Figi for the summer and brought back a piece of Beach glass. I turned it into a pendant for him....

The best deals are buying a string of beads.... Then you have about twenty Stones to make jewelry from I have a local source for those. Hes Chinese and has import advantages.

deb

Lapidary work is something that I dont have the patients for.... Nor is stone setting... Though I am very interested in working in Silver Shaping and forming but if there are too many steps I wander off to something else.

With weaving when you are done you are done.... Some of the graitifcation comes from watching it emerge.... and the other part is seeing the delight when someone gets their piece.

deb

thanks everyone I am.... just came back from Xrays.... Next week I see the cardeologist for my bianual checkup and she will finish out the requests by the Surgeon.

For those who dont know I am going for Gastric sleeve surgery.... When I started I weighed 378.... I have lost forty so far on the Dietitions guidandce for the requirements for the insurance.

Oh the hoops...

deb

Thank you everyone.... One more hoop to jump through then I start the preop diet...

Three liquid and one solid meal... Hopefully I will get more and more active afterwards... I may be giving the stuff away by then jsut because I am Very much Like Capricorn when I am changing Paridigms.... Am already seeing it here just a little as i can move better.

deb

Back
Top Bottom