wired floor without wood ?

strangeanimal

Songster
Mar 21, 2017
Belgium
Hi ,

Because I had to slope my old coop I'm busy building a new one but it is limited area and space now in my (not bog nor little ) backyard .

I 've seen online coops for sale without wooden floor to prevent pests plus good ventilation and also it keeps out predators more , so it was written and I kinda have to agree on that one but I wanted to know some opinions about it as it is not really comfy in my opinion as well ...

So I was thinking about the following : the walls in wood , same aplies for the front , meaning 2 doors that can be opened up by daytime and some kind of 'pvc plate ) for the roof because it lets light come in too and is fully waterproof but I wanted it like this : the front with doors higher and the backside a bit smaller where inside the roosingbars come and acces to nestingboxes I can open up on the backside self , then the floor in indeed wire but with bars in wood , like roostbars but only on the cagewires and lots of flooring to get it comfortable yet with enough ventilation then .
Any ideas or toughts on this system of coop ? I'm not totally sure it will be good but I have seen they sell quite good . ( but have no nesting boxes while I like to add nestingboxes and roostbars )
plus I also tought about the fact it is indeed very hygienic and since it is only to sleep in and lay I assume it could be a good option ?? anyone having this kind of coop ??

Hi ,

Because I had to slope my old coop I'm busy building a new one but it is limited area and space now in my (not bog nor little ) backyard .

I 've seen online coops for sale without wooden floor to prevent pests plus good ventilation and also it keeps out predators more , so it was written and I kinda have to agree on that one but I wanted to know some opinions about it as it is not really comfy in my opinion as well ...

So I was thinking about the following : the walls in wood , same aplies for the front , meaning 2 doors that can be opened up by daytime and some kind of 'pvc plate ) for the roof because it lets light come in too and is fully waterproof but I wanted it like this : the front with doors higher and the backside a bit smaller where inside the roosingbars come and acces to nestingboxes I can open up on the backside self , then the floor in indeed wire but with bars in wood , like roostbars but only on the cagewires and lots of flooring to get it comfortable yet with enough ventilation then .
Any ideas or toughts on this system of coop ? I'm not totally sure it will be good but I have seen they sell quite good . ( but have no nesting boxes while I like to add nestingboxes and roostbars )
plus I also tought about the fact it is indeed very hygienic and since it is only to sleep in and lay I assume it could be a good option ?? anyone having this kind of coop ??
What do you mean by these words? (the bold ones)

What do you mean by these words? (the bold ones)
hi , well I had to break down the old coop as it was standing on ground that is going to be used for houses , (english is not fluent I know , sorry ) , so I have to use my (smallLER) backyard , which is a big difference in space ofcourse , I can really only keep a small flock now but also small coop , my yard is not big but also not small , for Belgium it is more 'average sized ' yet I think it is small ... regards out of Belgium , V.

Back
Top Bottom