Wireless Security Camera/Video recorder??

Take following link:

https://www.mydlink.com/entrance

Type in "[email protected]" for email and "cultigen" for password. We currently have two webcams observing a sunfish breeding colony. If you have a really fast connection, movement will appear natural. If slow connection, then movement will look like stop motion or even worse. Feed must go to internet from your camera before returning to your computer which is where connection speed matters. I can monitor this from home and will soon be able to monitor birds at home from work. Biggest problem is camera sometimes needs to be rebooted.
For those interested, setup above is "hopping" today.

So I am trying to find a video recorder that is wireless and even better would be to run on batteries. Since I fractured my ankle, it is much harder for me to make sure all the girls (8 total) make it into the coop. I have never had a problem but it helps me sleep better at night knowing they all made it in.

The camera can be super small bc it's a snap lock coop so it's small. I would like to be able to just check on them before I turn in for the evening. Does anyone have any suggestions. There is no need to tell me how dumb it is to check on them blah blah blah, i am looking for camera advice and that's it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ
I am looking into wireless cameras as well. I am looking at a Foscam 720 line. Wireless, internet connection, night vision.They do need a plug for electricity. I haven't really found any with good reviews on batteries yet. But they are $149 each. I worry too, even though they are locked up. One night last winter while I was out of town one didn't make it in before the automatic door shut. Got very chilled and didn't survive it.

Last edited:
Oh no im so sorry to hear about ur chick that didn't make it. That is my problem too if the door shuts the chicks are screwed especially with constant 60+ mph winds in the winter. Did you look at the link with the post I put up???

Gollums thank you very much, much cheaper then the ones on the link i posted. Does that need power though? Any out their that are solar powered?

Thanks @workaholic90 I looked at your link. I think those are indoor only. That might work good for you. I need some I can also set up outside. We have coons and fox and ocaissional coyote. And one that will do good in the cold. Everything I want is in that $$$$ Foscam. I just don't know if I want to spend that much money. I've looked at a Swann brand and a Lorex brand. I returned some inexensive ones similar to the one in the link GollumsBrother posted. I could get my router to read the signal I could get my phone to but then it lost it and kept saying it was off line. So I'm a little leary about something that isn't user friendly and/or a Plug n Play type.

Those I have are used under extreme humidity conditions since near water in an enclosed area. They still last 18 to 24 months with continuous duty. Covering them from direct exposure to elements should suffice for protecting them outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom