Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Just taking a break so I could have some breakfast (an english muffin) and decided to check in so I dont have 300 pages to read later
lol.png

Dornes, your birds are lovely, can't wait to see the pied all grown up! And yes, please post pics periodically of the frizzles, I'd love to see how they develop. Dibbs is adorable, I just love bassets. Not to far fetched about grandpa, I swear my cat Griddle is my Aunt Virginia!!

Jim, I guess that settles it, DH is always telling me I'm spoiled and I never believe him... but it seems it might, just maybe, be true.
lau.gif
duc.gif
on the cuke!

FT
love.gif
Gizzy! Man, I want a couple of goats soooooo bad! Your's are beautiful! Got a great chuckle outta NBC,CBS and ABC, great names!
lau.gif
thinga magiggy...
duc.gif
on that one too!

Raim, I hate using email for really important stuff... hope everything works out and you guys get to go out this weekend
fl.gif

DrH your neighbor sounds like good entertainment!

Well, got the first coat on all the trim, next off to the flower bed I dug and get that ready so later this evening I can transplant some phlox and day lilies. Then gonna turn the compost pile and add some new stuff and then off to shower and dinner w/neighbor. She makes an awesome bean casserole (she gave me the recipe but I don't know where I put it for safe keeping
lau.gif
) which she's making for me with the pork roast. I got soooo lucky w/her as a neighbor... the other two closest I steer clear of... one family is a bunch of drunks but stick to themselves and the other one the father is a creeper as DD and her friends would say. Gives me the creeps for sure! LOL

Well, breaks over, off to toil out in the hot sun for awhile.
Deb

Sounds like everyone is trying to keep busy
big_smile.png
Had to go and get my eyes check today-no change from the last time I was in-still blind in one and can't see out of the other! Of course it's always fun to drive home afterwards......DD was my helper:)

Of course my eyes are still out of sorts-just getting back to were I can read things pretty good again.... decided to come home because I wouldn't be able to see where I was cleaning...so another day lost on my unit
sad.png

For the last week we have been killing wasps in our kitchen/dinning area, figured out where the nest was and DH sprayed it down but they were still coming in- we have been killing 15-20 wasps a day inside. Last night he tried to scope out the hole we were seeing them come and go out of(no activity has been noted since he sprayed 3 cans into the hole) of course this spot is where the foundation meets the wall joists so we figured they are in between the floors. No sure what made him look but here is a picture of what he found.....

45425_wasp_nest_8-2011-crop.jpg

he was in our storage room/furance room and this is the spot between the outside concrete wall and first joist which open up right into our house! Our neighbor came over and looked as he use to work in the pest control field and had some powder that he put at the outside hole- hoping that one or two track it into the nest. Of course he told DH that he shouldn't have sprayed as it probably chased them into the nest but considering that DH used 4 cans, we probably killed most of them. Today I have only killed 2 so far, our neighbor said to watch for a couple days to see if the number of wasps were finding drops. DH is planning to remove the nest and plug the hole.

Great pictures that everyone posted!

Made it back from Menomonee and didnt get lost! DD and I stopped at a few rumage sales and she scored big time! Its always nice when a 13 year old girl is happy lol

Just love all the pictures everyone is posting! We need to get some pictures of our chickens.

I also stopped to read so I didnt have 6 pages to read tonight
lau.gif

good day ,

why can't I have just normal problems ? the lawn mower again.
I thought it was just bound up with grass.. Uh Uh,, the blade holder thingy broke and it was binding the main drive pulley.. I took the blade off and that is when I could see the broken bearing.. I tried two different gear pullers, and I cannot get the pulley off of the shaft.. I did manage to bend it a little.. can't find my good torch head to heat the pulley up,, another trip to F&F is coming..

here is a bit of advice, don't buy a Husqvarna.

OMG...guess I paid for not stopping in this morning! LOTS of pages...and as I was reading it was getting longer!
roll.png
Great pics everyone...still havent fount my camera-DD19 is supposed to be bringing her old one back for me to use until I locate mine. Starting to think I left it at my house sitting job? I really have no idea.

So I get home from work tonight and my Mom calls and gives me this number of a gal with 2 kids thats house is getting repossessed and she has 30 days to get out. THe sheriff served her papers. She has 5 horses, 20 cats and 2 dogs! I called her and what a story...might just be a story...but anyhow, she is looking for a place to rent or rent to own. Right now she lives near Palmyra and works at the Delafield Kohls and cleans houses. I gave her the number of a place near here. If anyone has any ideas that I can pass along I would sure appreciate it.

I have 15 bales of hay on my truck and another wagon load coming. I sure hopw DD19 and her BF bring their muscles home with them from school (and I an NOT talking about a certain "love muscle"!) I refuse to unload all that hay by myself!

I was thinking of you today Deb because my client wanted to "take a drive" to Janesville! I thought, if only I had your number we could come for a visit! So if you would be so kind and PM me your number...I will put it into my phone for another time! I think I am meeting up with Amyable and her friend...I always call her the wrong name...on Sunday at my place. I hope they are wearing boots! I have so many darn ducklings that this place is one big mudhole! I do have 2 people that are coming to buy and another one for adults on Sunday too--show or no show? Are we still betting Jim? You have had good luck the last few times...

Well I guess I oughta get the laundry down...thos mulberries sure do a number on clothes! That is something I am adding to the list; cutting down that mulberry tree. Then I can expand the garden that way. Hey FT--there is something wrong with your garden...you can see open dirt between the plants! what is up with that?
lau.gif
I just have wall to wall plants in mine! The tomato area is one BIIIIG plant!

Later all! Terri O

Good Fish Fry Friday All..... busy day here kinda. Picked 2 five gal pail of cukes today, it was enough that I needed to share with 3 places. Cut another ice cream pail of broccoli and a basket of matoes and a big bag of dutchees for Suzies mom to make some pies.

Jim that cuke doesen't have much girth....kinda reminds me of a pencil dk....
gig.gif
I know, I know!

Don't know if I ever shared my tomatoes and onions recipe....In a glass baking dish lay your sliced onions individually and on top tomato slices to match the onions size. Then place a slab of butter on each one and stab with a tooth pick to hold the butter in place....sprinkle with parmo romo cheese or just parmesan...bake at 350 for half to three quarter hour until the onions are done.....delicious. The extra mato-onion butter is goody served on the tatos that you have cooking too!

Thanks for all the great pics....
bow.gif

Don't forget to tune in the packer game tonight.... Go Pack!

Quote:
Is that possible, to forget, I mean?????
lau.gif

Thanks for the tomato/onion recipe, Bigz. Sounds delish! And keep em comin'!
droolin.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
Tiki I LOVE that splash firzzle! You should take one of the smooth splash you got from me...would love to see him
big_smile.png

Well other then the mice killing my baby chicks (found out right before heading to work so had to leave them for hubby
sad.png
) my day is going ok so far. The weirdo guest is not back from work yet
wink.png
So until then my day will be a good one. Down to two babies and we put the brooder back in the garage where the babies are safe now. I feel terrible! We DID have four LF cochins hatch though so now back up to six (where I started) Hopefully more hatch today while I'm at work!

Who ever said Call ducks were bad broodies?????? I have 2 sitting on nests right now!
th.gif

After spending boatloads of $$$ on Frontline, DE, Natural insect repellants...... I am getting out the big guns. It cost a pretty penny but I am hoping it does the trick!
fl.gif
I purchased Capstar for the initial attack, then to keep the bugs at bay I picked up Program as well. As soon as the kiddos go back to school the bombs will be going off!!! In 3 weeks we dang well better be insect free!!!!
somad.gif

My good deed for the week happened yesterday; I rescued a pine snake from getting hit on Main Street. Cutie was about 18" long too.

I wish I could respond to what everyone has posted, but I can't keep up with the chit chat.

I hope all is well with everyone; we are looking forward to the Fair next week.

Back
Top Bottom