Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Nice Afternoon All.... congrats on the cochins from Tiki....was she able to convince you that you needed one of her extra cockerals?

Where is Terri O ? The Buckeye pullets are laying here TO! Yours should start any day, if they haven't. Don't worry the eggs get much larger. I've seen them in the nests the last couple days...they finally are making deposits. My cockerals are awful handsome, and I think you made a nice pick for yours.

The Saints looked really sharp....the Pack is gonna have their hands full for their opener with them! Drew had the whole team working this summer when we weren't. They are ready for us, I'm afraid.

Have Fun... bigz

BBR it was very nice to meet you and your kids.
smile.png

Here is my new roo last night warming up with his friend after his bath and manicure.
big_smile.png
He is on the right. He is on the truck now and should be here by 1-3 am. His friend went to Pennsylvania. He still doesnt have a name.

5531_100_15891.jpg

Well now I gotta go read some pages to see what I missed.

Last edited:
Hi all , before I forget.. does anybody want some call ducks ? 5 month old, or was it 5 of them 3 months old.. what is a good price for calls ??

I just got finished with the big chicken coop.. I hosed it and wet swept the floor.. then I did go and buy a bag of Marth pine shavings from F&F.. Marth is just 5 miles from me, but they will not sell to private individuals. dinks !!

I built one 14 foot long roost, all the way from wall to wall.. If it seems to work, I will build another one..

I even cleaned out the nests that weren't occupied by clucks, and I also cleaned the brooder cages..

I reinstalled the windows and that coop is ready for birds tonight..

tomorrow I will tackle the guinea coop.. I am going to put the old roosts from the chicken coop into the guinea coop..

Annie baked me an apple pie before she went to work.. she has to beat the chickens to the ones that fall from the tree or they eat them.. today I saw the rooster jump and grab a mouthful of leaves, but no apples fell..

Quote:
lau.gif

OMG I havent laughed that much in a while.

I was wondering if anybody else hosed out their coops. Now I know.

MMMmmm Turnips are excellent in soups. Then with the tops you steam them a little and then fry them in some olive oil. add salt and yummy. Excellent vitamines. Good for chickens in the winter(bottoms and tops), something to pick at.

Last edited:
Quote:
we found a website that was recommended over in the peafowl section, DNA Solutions which has a website: DNAsexing.com and it explains the 2 ways they can tell what a bird is. For 1 sample it was $19.90. We are hoping to hear something maybe later this week.

Back
Top Bottom