Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

fT...You will be no where near where I can meet you. So I guess I may meet the LLLCW president another time. It's fine... Whatever... See if I care...;)

Well, from what I can tell I have 3 of my 5 eggs in the Brinsea pipped. Of course they're the marans, and not the LOs. :rolleyes:

I don't know what's happening in the down stairs one.the humidity is a bit high, so the windows are all fogged up. But since I dry incubated them, I think the higher humidity is fine.

I swear... If I don't get an LO... Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hey, do any of you know if farm and fleet sells grogel for chicks? I know I just need to go up there and look around, but it's my hubby's store, not mine!

fT...You will be no where near where I can meet you. So I guess I may meet the LLLCW president another time. It's fine... Whatever... See if I care...
wink.png

Well, from what I can tell I have 3 of my 5 eggs in the Brinsea pipped. Of course they're the marans, and not the LOs.
roll.png

I don't know what's happening in the down stairs one.the humidity is a bit high, so the windows are all fogged up. But since I dry incubated them, I think the higher humidity is fine.

I swear... If I don't get an LO... Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hey, do any of you know if farm and fleet sells grogel for chicks? I know I just need to go up there and look around, but it's my hubby's store, not mine!

That's to bad............ I was looking forward to meeing you face to face !!! Told ya I have no idea really where I'm going. That's why I have to print out the mapquest. Refer to it often and have my laptop and McDonalds as a lifeline !!! LOL
So where do you live? Town, not actual address (wouldn't want all the kiltie guys to be knocking at your door !! ) LOL
I'll tell you, growing up in Racine and having Lake MI as the border on the East there was only West to travel. You folks living in the middle of the state, wow It's like a whole new world out there.
Bigfam, I can't believe Fleet Farm isn't your favorite store..... YET !!! I don't recall seeing it on the shelf but I think they have the little packets of vitamins you add to one gallon of water.
I get the Vital. by Ideal. Found in the cattle section. Blue bag. At High level concentrate you only use 1/4 tsp per gallon of water. It goes a long way. It has electrolytes in it so you don't want to give it every day. Just Sayin

Quote:
Welcome toastedrob1! I like rob....but Im sure some one will come up with something snappy! H&R gave you some really nice breeds and for my 2Cents I like the Barred Plymouth Rock, Production Red, Gold or Red Sex links, Buff Orpington, Australorp, and Silver or Gold Laced Wyandotts. All make great beginner chicken owner birds, are super friendly, docile, and lay well. They lay brown eggs and are cold hardy breeds.
Ameruacanas lay a green, blue, or pink tinted egg. They are average egg layers as they are not breed for production purposes. They actually do well in cold weather. Most Ameruacana's from a hatchery setting are actually Easter Eggers since they do not meet the breed Standard Of Perfection for Ameruacana's set forth by the American Poultry Association (APA). They are very popular in backyard flocks as they can be friendly, docile and lay those much coveted green eggs!

Thank you MLH for that info. I know very little about the Amer's & EEs.
I like the orps, aussies & Dominiques for cold hardiness, egg production and their friendly nature. I don't have any mature Dom hens (yet), but of the aussies & orps, my aussies are a little better in the egg production (lay more often) and are a little more docile. I am really anxious to see how well my aussie/Dom crosses do as far as laying.

So does anyone have any, or know where any POL pullets may be purchased around the Milwaukee area for Toastedrob? C'mon people. Here's your chance to start yet another chicken addiction.
lau.gif

Oh, and as far as a snappy nickname for Toastedrob goes, Amy had me dousing the screen with Mr. Kilt.
gig.gif
Not the shortest of names, though, I know.
hide.gif

Happy birthday Amy! And happy anni, BL4!

Raim, "safe" in WI? Have you never heard of tornadoes?
tongue.png

DrH, please congrat the DD & future DS for me. As for taking the trip down the aisle "for the final time", oh no you don't, mister! We're all coming to see you & L tie the knot. With P2 all spiffed out as your best man and the hens following L down the aisle, pecking at the scratch we toss along the way.
lau.gif
Wouldn't miss it! As for my DH, shhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.png

Ken, congrats on the hatch so far!
FT, 550 mile roadtrip for some geese?
ep.gif
gig.gif
Almost as funny as you being up by 8am.
wink.png
Safe journeys, my friend. I wish we could get together while you're down here.
hugs.gif

EL, so sorry to hear about your chicken losses.
hugs.gif
Sounds like you might have a raccoon. They love pulling the heads off or through something, like a hole in the fence, etc.
Cind, just stuff some eggs under that girl!
pop.gif

Wow, you guys were gabby! So what else is new, hey? Moose got me up early (!) this AM. Tomorrow I will get the carport cleaned out so I can finally get him back out there. I picked up some of Bigz's famous 5% Sevin to dust everyone & sprinkle in their dust bath area, along with some DE and sand to freshen it up a bit. Yesterday I let the bigger young uns out to run around with the big girls a little. Everyone was pretty well behaved, and the kids were just going crazy running all over & jumping up on & off the hay bales. Too cute!

It was a crazy busy day today. Then went out for Italian to celebrate DH's step dads birthday, then back to their house for ice cream cake & cupcakes. I am stuffed! Didn't get home til almost 9. Better feed these cats & get to bed. Sweet dreams, all!

still a couple of pages to read.. but I have a couple of comments so here goes before I forget..

Mouse trouble H&R ? I had that two days ago.. I changed batteries in mine and the trouble went away..

Earthlady, I am betting you have a weasel.. he will keep coming backas long as you have a live chicken left.. time to do some serious trapping..

Back
Top Bottom