Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    good morning,, RATS !! I just knew that if I caught one, there would be more.. Annie was up at the crack of dawn and saw one run across the path between the leanto and the coop..I checked the hole under the back leanto and it looks like it is getting larger,,, like they are still using it.. It goes under the cement slab.. and nobody knows what I am talking about except Dan, cause I showed him..

TerriO, Rob called last night,, I was gone.. Annie told me that the turkeys all went to one guy ?? Is this correct ?? WTH ??

My brother is bringing his metal detector out this morning to try to find that part of my plow that fell off.. I really don't need it.. I can make another one .. But I don't want a stray piece of stiff wire laying around in my garden to poke into a tractor tire..

This is another example of my impatience to get started and not fixing something properly.. do you think I will ever learn?? I have my doubts..

hmmmm, Kilty.. there is a place near Marshfield called Kilty's Corner.. Personally, I like real names.. Like Joe, Dan, Tom, Brent, etc etc etc.. No Robin, "etc etc etc" are not names of triplets.. cripes, gotta explain everything...

DrH, the part of my garden I plowed, and I use the term loosely, looks like the pigs were rutting.. I am going to have to drag it and then re-plow.. to top it off, the plow mold board has years and years of rust , so the dirt does not slide over it ,, I gave it a good soaking of WD40 , Maybe I should have used penetrating oil.. but the can of WD was right there, so I grabbed it..
    I have cans of WD stratigically placed all around the property.. Never know when or where you will need it..

2. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Jim hope you find that wire and not in your tire. [​IMG]Thanks for reminding me gotta go grease up the plow. Have a special can of good stuff that the BFF borrowed and it came back to me full of crap. [​IMG] He said that it was just a little sand/dirt. Told him I was gonna use it to repack the wheel brgs on his trailer. He can swing a hammer but don't let him have any other tools! Maybe a little sanding before the WD? Tr1 know how you feel I'd wear a ski mask year round but it gets REALLY HOT!

3. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    Thanks! Yes! Info on protecting our chickens would be great! We thought weasel too. Rat wouldn't be smart enough to break the neck. We set a rat trap last night that went off, but caught nothing and my husband also put poison down the hole. Thankfully no more deaths as of yet. We have 4 more days until our new coop is delivered. Praying we can keep them alive long enough to make it to safety.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. jdemars

jdemars Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Hi all,
    New to the thread and new to chickens so hopping to make some friends to help me out. I'm from the Osceola/Somerset area and decided last fall that I wanted chickens after attending a farm wedding and falling in love with the flock they had. I got my first two babies last week a pair of cochin bantams not forsure on the colors yet.
    [​IMG]but I'm in love so it doesn't really matter what color they are. I think I have a roo and pullet if I go by the feather sexing I read about. The rest of my chicks are arriving next week and I am going nuts in anticipation. I have 7 more coming a BO, EE, RIR, dellie, white rock, black jersey, and silver laced Wyandotte. [​IMG]I can't wait.
    I may end up with a few more though cause the feed store is expecting their second shipment next week as well. [​IMG]
    Hope to get to know some people here. Have a great day all.
    Jen

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Welcome jdemars [​IMG]

BF4me you could try an Amish sawmill if you have any around there. They sell them pretty cheap over here at the swaps. The county boys have been like little beavers on the highway lately. Now if I could just get some bags and go rake them up. hmmm. Probably have enough wood chips for the summer that way.

6. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Good Morning. Well I went out and did my running around this morning and left the ducklings and chicks in the coop since it looked like it was going to rain. Well I cam home and one the the little ducks got out of the coop ! I found a small spot where the plywood was bowed out in the corner. lol Looks like I'll be fixing that today. I'm wodering if it got out last night, because I left one of the dogs out and she started freaking out about 3 am. I guess I will never know. I stopped by TSC to get DH his 3 Mallards and they only had Pekins this week. ugh So now I have to wait until Monday. I'm crossing my fingers the age gap wont be to big by then. Unless anyone knows of any Mallards I can get around here now so I dont have to wait ;).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Whoops! Sorry Ang! And good one. [​IMG]

8. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi

Maybe i should change my login name?

9. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    No we didn't! [​IMG] It'd take more than a few women to scare away a man who wears a kilt. [​IMG]

10. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi

I dont scare easily

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by